+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries

Joaquin Phoenix

WTF?? This all has to be a prank for the "documentary" right?

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/?p=8656

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I still don't buy it though.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Ever since Gladiator I don't want to watch a movie with him (hitting on his sister in the movie). It's weird how an actor's role makes you think they are like that in real life.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Ever since Gladiator I don't want to watch a movie with him (hitting on his sister in the movie). It's weird how an actor's role makes you think they are like that in real life.
    I think they call that "not being in touch with reality." You may or may not know this, but in real life, Dustin Hoffman doesn't dress up as a woman and act in a soap opera.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Well, it's not really thinking he's like that in real life. It's more like I can't get that image out of my head because I haven't seen him in other roles really.

Mel Gibson is one of my favorite actors. He's played a crazed Scott, a crazy experimented on person, dressed up like a woman, a suicidal cop. All kinds of roles. So you don't simply think of the weirder roles.

Same for Dustin Hoffman (who you mentioned). I don't think of him as an autistic person because he's had many great roles (including that one).

But when you've only seen one movie with the person in a leading role and the role is a little disturbing it makes you think of that role every time you see them.

I get the same way with people who basically have the same role in every movie. How many movies have you seen with Sidney Poitier where he wasn't a cop?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Ever see Sidney in "A Raisin in the Sun"?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Nope.

Youz gotza watch us people wif clef lips. Weez crazy like dat.
    STEW BEEF!

So at some point you had to say to yourself, "Well, I can get over the fact that Mel Gibson dressed like a woman so I should probably watch another one of his movies."

Get over him in Gladiator and go rent Walk the Line. Or go watch Signs, which has BOTH Mel Gibson AND Joaquin Phoenix.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread