+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Things might be different next year... The Pistons cannot be happy with their signal throughout the metro area on DFN...now this

That means nothing, really.

If the ticket ever picks up the Pistons, it is no guarentee that they will all of a sudden amp up their NBA coverage.

Look at the red wings. They don't treat them any better.

Yeah, they'll have a pre-and post-game show, but beyond that I doubt it's going to cause them to change some of their on-air talent (which is what they would really need to change things).

My biggest problem with 97.1 has to be the fact that every time I listen, which was usually during Rome, I would here callers getting hung up on mid call. They never really include the caller in the discussion, it's always state your business and then you get cut off so the hosts can say what is wrong with your opinion on most every call.

Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    My biggest problem with 97.1 has to be the fact that every time I listen, which was usually during Rome, I would here callers getting hung up on mid call. They never really include the caller in the discussion, it's always state your business and then you get cut off so the hosts can say what is wrong with your opinion on most every call.
    that might be how the mid-day show handles their stuff... I am not sure, I do not work on their show. Valenti and Foster isnt like that at all unless someone cusses, pimps some product, or goes off about some bullshit.

We have changed a lot the past 6 months... even the past 3... so if you guys are basing your opinions off of a year ago or even half a year ago... you should give it another listen...

(and again, I am only speaking of Valenti and Foster)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    That means nothing, really.

If the ticket ever picks up the Pistons, it is no guarentee that they will all of a sudden amp up their NBA coverage.

Look at the red wings. They don't treat them any better.

Yeah, they'll have a pre-and post-game show, but beyond that I doubt it's going to cause them to change some of their on-air talent (which is what they would really need to change things).
    Nobody calls in or wants to talk Red Wing Hockey until playoff time. We always get calls when we talk about the Pistons. It would be different.

I love your petitioning for 97.1, Muhme. I'll probably have to try it even if I don't want to. Hopefully, I'll learn to tolerate it more. I'll never like Caputo though.

I don't like the "just give it a chance" angle when most of us GAVE it a chance.

Try actually pitching the show to people, namely basketball fans, which have always been the biggest demographic alienated by 1270.

Why is it any different than it was last year or any of the years before that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Ledezma never reads posts
    Wiz, I expect better from you. Every chance I have to take a shot at Wil, you know I'm going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Wizzle just got
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    I love your petitioning for 97.1, Muhme. I'll probably have to try it even if I don't want to. Hopefully, I'll learn to tolerate it more. I'll never like Caputo though.
    No, I pimped FSR in my first post here... I am just trying to inform you guys on how the show is... and all my posts are geared towards Mike and Terry. Not Caputo, Karsch, Towers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    No, I pimped FSR in my first post here... I am just trying to inform you guys on how the show is... and all my posts are geared towards Mike and Terry. Not Caputo, Karsch, Towers etc...
    I know, I'm just stating my dislike of Caputo.

+ Reply to Thread