+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Blog Entries
    Colin's good on that SportsNation show... that's all I've got. I don't listen to any of this stuff.

Blog Entries
    Colin's radioshow is pretty lousy, IMO. I've heard it a bit on WKNR (ESPN Cleveland) which somehow comes in clear as a bell in metro-Detroit. Cowherd is smug, but he's sharp.

I don't know why they don't just do 2 hours of Rome instead. WJR does 2 hours of Hannity and skips the final hour of his show to go to Mitch Albom, so it's not uncommon, especially in AM radio.

Blog Entries
    I've seen speculation that they may be required to carry a certain number of hours of ESPN Radio programming to keep their affiliation.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    WDFN ‘The Fan’ plans to bring back more local programming
    By Bill Shea
    Crain's Detroit Business

Six months after cutting most of its staff and local programming, sports talk station WDFN 1130 AM said today that a new primarily local show lineup will return Tuesday.

The station, which bills itself as “The Fan,” switched to mostly syndicated Fox Sports Radio programming and gutted its staff in January as part of its parent company’s cutbacks. San Antonio-based Clear Channel Communications Inc. planned to trim $400 million in part by trimming its U.S. workforce by 1,850 jobs, or about 9 percent.

The station’s new weekday lineup is:

• 7-10 a.m.: Sean Baligian, who is also doing an afternoon show for a Grand Rapids sports station and is a color commentator for the Plymouth Whalers.

• 10 a.m.-noon: Ryan Ermanni, a WJBK Fox 2 sports reporter.

• Noon-2 p.m.: ESPN’s Colin Cowherd.

• 2–6 p.m.: Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp and local play-by-play announcer Matt Shepard.

• Tom Kowalski, who covers the Detroit Lions for Booth Newspapers, will contribute news and commentary throughout the day.

WDFN lost its Detroit Pistons broadcast rights to WXYT 97.1 FM in February.

Clear Channel operates 20 radio stations in Michigan and more than 800 stations overall.

Locally, the radio giant also owns WJLB 97.9 FM, WMXD 92.3 FM, WKQI 95.5 FM, WNIC 100.3 FM, WDTW 106.7 FM and WDTW 1310 AM.

Clear Channel was taken private in July 2008 in a $24 billion deal after it merged with an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of CC Media Holdings Inc., which is a creation of Bain Capital Partners L.L.C. and Thomas H. Lee Partners L.P.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    97.1/1270- Lions, Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers
    AM 760- MSU Football
    Oldies 104.3- U of M Football
    AM 950- U of M Basketball
    1130- zilch

what the hell? no stoney and wojo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    what the hell? no stoney and wojo?
    unfortunately not...

just shep and sharp

Stoney and Wojo were bought out. They won't be on the air again till their non-compete clauses run out. 2011 I believe.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BHK
    Back on the radio! Starting Monday, I'll be on with D and D every day between 6 and 9 on WCSX (94.7). Thanks for all the kind wishes.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread