+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Blog Entries
    Good call, Glan/MoTown...

They pushed it back a week. Starting Tuesday, 9/8 now.

The RobInge Hood Message Board View topic - DFN goes local again on September 8th (updated full line up)

Sean 7-10 AM
    Ryan Ermanni from Fox 2 from 10AM-Noon
    Colin Cowherd from ESPN Radio Noon-2PM
    Shep & Sharp from 2PM-6PM

Blog Entries
    So no more Rome, I guess.

I don't like Colin Cowherd, so I'll probably just listen to Rush from 12-2

WDFN=boxer in their 40's who can't call it a career and is just embarrassing themselves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    WDFN=boxer in their 40's who can't call it a career and is just embarrassing themselves.
    I don't know about that. 97.1 is more embarassing if you ask me. I heard Pat Caputo asking the callers if they thought 'trampstamps' were sexy.

WDFN being back is great, if you ask me.

Real sports talk belongs on AM.

Bring back Rome though.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I don't know about that. 97.1 is more embarassing if you ask me. I heard Pat Caputo asking the callers if they thought 'trampstamps' were sexy.

WDFN being back is great, if you ask me.

Real sports talk belongs on AM.
    Not sure if you call Matt Shepard lecturing us on his Republican values or Sean Baligian trying to impersonate Jim Rome by reading wacky news stories and spending 30 minutes repeating the story over and over followed by callers on the air saying "Can you get a DUI if you're an Amish on a horse". WDFN hasn't had real sports talk in 10 years.

Blog Entries
    I disagree. I never listened to WDFN much before 1270 switched to FM. After they went to 97.1 all of their programs have gone totally down hill. They spend half their show talking about offtopic bullshit and the 'open lines' format makes for inconsistent radio. I don't listen to sports radio to hear Doug Karsch or Mike Valenti give their thoughts on a political or economical issue. Nor do I listen to sports radio and expect them to make their show interactive so I can stay entertained (IM-ing). What are we? Cats?

Talk sports. WDFN went off topic every now and then, but not nearly as often as 1270 does. And unlike 1270, WDFN doesn't do the stupid 'open lines' so they can put a lid on a topic and move on to sports talk so we don't have to hear what some "drunk douchebag did on his quad" each of the four hours.

1130 was solid. It won't be the same without Stoney & Wojo. But other than Tigers games, I haven't listened to 97.1 for almost a year now.

Blog Entries
    Baligian 7-10am
    Ryan Ermanni (Fox 2) from 10am-Noon
    Colin Cowherd Noon-2pm
    Shep & Drew Sharp from 2-6pm

See anything missing?

Anybody listen to Rome yesterday? Did they say anything about him being off the air in Detroit? That seems like it would be prime show fodder for him.
    Find a new slant.

Cancelling Rome is not good.

And by not good I mean very bad.

Licking a lightpost in February thinks this is a bad idea.

My horse.

Rack me.

Ugg.

I just wish WDFN would go to FM format as well. That would kick Valenti and Foster off the air. I really can't even listen to those guys anymore.

Karsh and Anderson are solid - they talk sports and limit the amount of calls that come in. They also have a sense of humor and actually root for the home teams, unlike the afternoon douchebags. If I wanted to hear about how bad the Tigers/Pistons/Lions suck, I'd move to Cleveland.

I've never listened to Cowherd, but I heard he's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread