+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

I agree about Lions talk but it was like that at both stations. Its just a way of life around here.

I agree somewhat about Foster/Valenti, they need to limit the off-topic stuff and I don't really like that policy of 1 call per week. Their are some good callers out there that would call in a few times a week and they were basically part of the show and very entertaining.

I grew up with both 1130 and 1270. I mainly listen to 97.1 if I'm doing sports talk but that's because it comes in better in Toledo than 1130. When I head back to my parents house to work in the shop I always just went with whichever was having the more interesting sports conversation. If it wasn't sports talk, I turned on music. I completely agree with everyone that has said they need to limit the non-sports talk and the callers. In the very least, make the screeners a bit more selective so when a caller is calling in with a comment that is completely off base, i.e. trade rip for bosh (doesn't work), the screener can just say "that doesn't even work, you're not getting on the air and wasting our listeners time".
    _

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    He raised an interesting point, I thought.

I wonder if they would be better off changing WDFN's call letters to something else and starting over (re-branding it as a "new product")?

Keeping the same name/logo/etc. is only going to be a constant reminder of what used to be.
    Find a new slant.

What I'm confused about is that Fox Sports Radio cancelled some shows. Ben Maller and Craig Shemon are both gone. Does Clear Channel run FSR?

Blog Entries
    Myers' show is a wreck now, too. Farnham was replaced with some LA guy.

All they do is talk over each other and it's all about LA now.
    Find a new slant.

bam.

Czabe, ftw.

Ok I read that Fox sports radio is really a marketing thing by name and really don't have much in common with Fox Sports.

Blog Entries
    Does Petros Papadakis have a good program?

I haven't listened to it yet?

+ Reply to Thread