+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I have only one choice now for Detroit sports radio, and I'm choosing to not listen to anything.

Ditto.

Yesterday I listened to 850 WKNR (ESPN CLEVELAND) to some guy named Michael Reghi. Apparently he's the guy that lost his job to Fred McLeod on FSN Ohio.

I'm surprised how clear the signal is despite the show being located in Cleveland and on the AM dial.

Blog Entries
    Another thing that bugs the sin out of me is that WXYT never talks hockey until the 2nd round of the NHL Playoffs.

Their the freakin flagship for the areas most popular team and they don't give a rats ass about it one bit.

They fired their biggest Wings enthusiast (Regner) a couple years ago, and even though he was a d-bag, he still gave the station some NHL love.

WDFN at least had a weekly show (I think it was called "Ice Time", hosted by Baligian?) where they dedicated it strictly to the hockey nuts. Plus they had weekly segements where they talked hockey with USA Today's Kevin Allen and Mike Millbury from the NHL on NBC.

I'm not saying I'm a big time NHL fan, because I'm not, but hey I like to hear some Wings talk when the seasons in swing...

The fact that WDFN one-upped WXYT in Red Wing talk year-round is an embarassment, IMO.

they one-upped them in Tiger coverage, too. In the dugout was an extremely informative summertime show.

With the Ticket its Lions, Lions, and More Lions, with some college football thrown in.

They carry the freakin wings and tigers and you'd never know it by their daily coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

1270 in its entire existence has never even tried to appeal to Piston fans. Why should I have any reason to believe it's going to be different now?
    Even when they talk Pistons they have no clue.

I remember when Sheed and Memo were both FA's. They kept talking about how they didn't understand why we just didn't sign both, blaming Dumars and/or Davidson for being cheap. Except that we didn't have Bird Rights on Memo and couldn't exceed the cap to resign him.

Either do some damn research on Cap rules or get someone to do that research. I hated it when they'd have entire segments that were worthless because they didn't have their facts right.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Even when they talk Pistons they have no clue.

I remember when Sheed and Memo were both FA's. They kept talking about how they didn't understand why we just didn't sign both, blaming Dumars and/or Davidson for being cheap. Except that we didn't have Bird Rights on Memo and couldn't exceed the cap to resign him.

Either do some damn research on Cap rules or get someone to do that research. I hated it when they'd have entire segments that were worthless because they didn't have their facts right.

They still do that to this day. It's embarrassing to listen to.

The lack of basketball knowledge on 1270 is absurd. They should just change their slogan to "1270 football" and get it over with. I'm not even kidding when I say that. They have effectively fired anybody and everybody on that station that is not a football fan first.

%75 of the sports talk out here is football (Broncos own the sports world here), but the hosts can still talk Nuggets and Avs and have a clue.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    They don't give the Rockies much love?

Blog Entries
    I also hate how noboy knows the salary strucutre of the NBA on that station.

"Trade Rip for Bosh."

- Typical WXYT Caller

The WDFN site is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    They don't give the Rockies much love?
    During the season they talk about them, but otherwise no. They talk about Broncos year round.

+ Reply to Thread