+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Blog Entries
    I like the "bro" usage, though.
    Find a new slant.

He also likes to shout "Microphone Jesus" at Mola in person.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    No offense bro... but you are really off base on what you think you know when it comes to guests/insiders and why they arent on our station anymore.

Then elaborate, if you don't mind...

Why doesn't A. Sherrod Blakely come on anymore?

How come you aren't allowed to talk on the air anymore? Or Khang, or Evan???

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Then elaborate, if you don't mind...

Why doesn't A. Sherrod Blakely come on anymore?

How come you aren't allowed to talk on the air anymore? Or Khang, or Evan???
    First off we arent hosts, the show isnt about us.

The insiders and guests as a whole did not bring much. Half of them would never bring any new information, they would never inform us when something WAS breaking, they were always hard to track down, and difficult to deal with.

When we can get someone worth having on...we do. We had a chance to get Dumars when the Iverson deal went down, and we had him on the air. However, here is the issue... when he actually gets asked tough questions and challenged... he doesnt want to come on... It is hard for us to have people on because we do not fluff any of the teams.

Having a guest on and tossing softballs isnt something that we really want to do. If you guys want that you have other avenues to get your stuff from. However, when someone comes on with us they know they will actually be asked some uncomfortable questions and pushed.

With that said, it limits who we can get...on top of the fact that we have a very short list of people we actually WANT.

Another issue with the guests... it has come to the point where a die hard Piston fan that wants to know about the squad...usually can bring as much to the table as ASB/Dana/McKosky on a weekly basis. The only time they have new info is really when trades happen or are about to happen.... when that goes down, we usually make an attempt to get ASB on...

There are beat writers for the teams in Detroit that I would put money on it, most of the message board as as plugged in as they are... why the hell do we want to put people on like that?

Steve Phillips was pretty solid...and we will probably have him on a few times...

I get you guys just dont want to like the station which is cool and a lot of your blasts are spot on and fit with people at our station... I just think you're a tad off base with Mike and Terry.

...with that said.. still sucks you are limited to one local choice for sports here in the city... It would have been nice to see DFN try to compete...maybe switch to FM and push both stations to be better...

Wow.

That's like the exact opposite stand as you used to take on the subject of "who knows what".

Why do you have to spin it as people who "just don't want to like the station". I wouldn't imagine that there are many people who are die-hard against a random radio station.
    STEW BEEF!

I liked Mike and Terry. The only guy I just couldn't stand on there was Caputo. That guy is horrible as a host. he's a good for some Tiger talk and that's about it (same with Regner and the Wings).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Wow.

That's like the exact opposite stand as you used to take on the subject of "who knows what".

Why do you have to spin it as people who "just don't want to like the station". I wouldn't imagine that there are many people who are die-hard against a random radio station.
    Exactly.

I have only one choice now for Detroit sports radio, and I'm choosing to not listen to anything.

Heck, I even invited him to explain how his show is improved from what it was, and all we're getting is the condescending "you just aren't listening enough" line.

1270 in its entire existence has never even tried to appeal to Piston fans. Why should I have any reason to believe it's going to be different now?

Karsh and Anderson were just having a riveting conversation about concept car ideas for the last hour. Now that's great sports radio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    Karsh and Anderson were just having a riveting conversation about concept car ideas for the last hour. Now that's great sports radio.

And tomorrow they will have another conversation about building an outdoor ice rink and where the quickest place to get an oil change is.

+ Reply to Thread