+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Blog Entries
    Bingo MoTown, thats exactly how the show was run when it was on AM only...

that was when it was at its peak

I'm surprised alot of ppl hate S&W...Wojo is like, the most hilarious person on the air...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    So, who the fuck is going to interview Dumars, Curry. players, etc. outside of the pre-game and post-game?

I'm not much of a sports radio or man-talk radio fan. Rome and the gameboy clones amuse me in small doses, but only in small doses. I want to hear some Pistons-focused talk every now and then. WDFN did that to some degree. Who's gonna do that now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    So, who the fuck is going to interview Dumars, Curry. players, etc. outside of the pre-game and post-game?

I'm not much of a sports radio or man-talk radio fan. Rome and the gameboy clones amuse me in small doses, but only in small doses. I want to hear some Pistons-focused talk every now and then. WDFN did that to some degree. Who's gonna do that now?

Nobody. I believe WDFN will still do their "Off The Court" show hosted by Matt Dery or Rob Otto on Thursday nights since the show is part of the Detroit Pistons broadcasting (aka Spartan Stores Radio Network), but other than that nobody.

97.1 doesn't do interviews because they don't want to pay 'insiders' to come on and chat for a segement (talk about cheap).

WDFN did weekly interviews with Michael Curry, Chris McCoskey, Kevin Allen, Tim McCormick, Chris Chelios, Tom Kowalski, Mike Millbury, Ed Olczyk, Ken Rosenthal, Jayson Stark, Angelique Chengalis, Mike Tirico, amongst many others...

97.1 USED TO have weekly interviews with guys like A. Sherrod Blakely, Scoop Jackson, Greg Anthony, Josh Helmholdt, Eric Lacy, Steve Phillips, Jason Beck, and Mike O'Hara but they ended all of those relationships over a year ago...

So now, if your lucky, you'll get a useless segment with Tony Ortiz on Lions fodder, but he's no where near as plugged in to the Lions as The Killer is...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy

Me and you baby. You see Curry's tie yesterday?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    97.1 doesn't do interviews because they don't want to pay 'insiders' to come on and chat for a segement (talk about cheap).
    Good for them. If you are to be considered any sort of legit as a media outlet, you don't pay sources.

They shouldn't have to pay these guys to come on and pimp their products, anyways.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Good for them. If you are to be considered any sort of legit as a media outlet, you don't pay sources.

They shouldn't have to pay these guys to come on and pimp their products, anyways.

They never 'pimped their products'. They gave the downlow since they were plugged in (since the hosts weren't).

In fact, I'm not even 100% positive they did pay them, I'm just assuming. Do you think WDFN paid The Killer to come on every week?

And if they did, don't you think it was worth giving your listeners some insight from somebody who is close to the situation?

No offense, but Mike Valenti's opinion on what the Lions front office plans on doing carries no more weight than yours or mine. But somebody like the Killer at least carries some credibility.

Blog Entries
    They might have paid Kowalski, but journalistically, that's a major faux pas.

It's possible that they didn't care, though.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    They never 'pimped their products'. They gave the downlow since they were plugged in (since the hosts weren't).

In fact, I'm not even 100% positive they did pay them, I'm just assuming. Do you think WDFN paid The Killer to come on every week?

And if they did, don't you think it was worth giving your listeners some insight from somebody who is close to the situation?

No offense, but Mike Valenti's opinion on what the Lions front office plans on doing carries no more weight than yours or mine. But somebody like the Killer at least carries some credibility.
    No offense bro... but you are really off base on what you think you know when it comes to guests/insiders and why they arent on our station anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

that is one part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    No offense bro... but you are really off base on what you think you know when it comes to guests/insiders and why they arent on our station anymore.
    MUHME.

He goes to the practices.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread