+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

His style was very reminiscent of Valenti's though so I'm not surprised you are a fan.
    STEW BEEF!

I really liked BT too. He was one of those rare transplanted NYers that didn't come across like he thought he was better than you.

Cutting him loose was one in a long line of terrible decisions.

I will say that now that WDFN has cut all their talent, WXYT can do 24 hour sports radio if they wanted to because their are quality guys out there. I think putting S&W on at 10 am and moving Karsch/Anderson to the night shift would be ideal. Have someone like Sean Baligian doing 10pm-2am and then have someone like Fithian etc... do the 2-5 am shift. The problem would be the weekend. You would have to hire 5-6 hosts just to cover that.

I do recall during wxyt early days on FM, they tried a 24 hour local sports channel.

That would be quite the lineup. I'd actually be very pleased if something like that were to happen. Sadly it is very unlikely I would assume.

Blog Entries
    Best Detroit Sports Radio Personalities

Sean Baligian
    Mike Stone
    Bob Wojnowki
    Scott Anderson
    Terry Foster
    Rob Pascoe
    Matt Dery
    Rob Otto
    Larry Lee

Marginal Detroit Sports Radio Personalities

Mike Valenti
    Matt Shepherd
    Clarence Black

AWFUL Detroit Sports Radio Peronalities

Jamie Samuelssen
    Art Regner
    Doug Karsch
    Dennis Fithian
    Pat Caputo
    Jeff Riger

Neither Jay Towers nor Bill McAllister are sports radio personalities as far as I'm concerned...so I won't even include those two d-bags in this thing.

Blog Entries
    97.1 has become a giant sellout.

They're more than willing to sacrifice show quality for ratings.

Now all we get is the half-ass, know-nothing sports fan calling in to talk about non-sports shit. I had enough months ago. The open lines format is complete shit. More than 50% of the calls have nothing to do with sports.

And hanging up on callers has become a joke. Yeah, I'm going to sit on hold for 20 minutes to get half my point out...

It's like they have a caller quota, and have to squeeze in 'X' amount of callers for the day. So you never get the hosts feedback on anything.

Plus the listening IM/texting bullshit has gone off the deep end. We're not preschoolers, we don't 'need something to do' while we're listening on the air.

Plus why the fuck don't they do interviews anymore? They used to have Steve Phillips, A. Sherrod Blakely, Scoop Jackson, amongst many other quality insiders who have forgot more about the sport they cover than any fucking tool like Doug Karsch knows. What a complete joke.

Just FUCKING TALK SPORTS!!!! PLEASE!!

97.1 = the prostitute of FM radio

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma

97.1 = the prostitute of FM radio
    isnt it ironic they just put a Clear Channel station out? LOL

Wow, I'm not understanding this 97.1 hate.... Baligian was decent when I caught him but Stoney and Wojo have been god awful for years. Valenti and Foster blow that show out of the water nowadays. The only thing that bothers me about Valenti is his inability to admit that he was wrong about Rodney Stuckey. Other than that, he is very entertaining and knowledgable.

I was a Wdfn slappy for years but switched 2 years ago and haven't looked back since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Blog Entries
    No way man, now the OLD Valenti & Foster was outstanding when they were on AM only. Back when it was called The Sports Inferno. But the open lines format and 50% of their show being off topic segments has killed their show.

Up until about a year and a half ago, I had never listened to Stoney & Wojo, but once I switched to WDFN back then, I never went back to Valenti & Foster...

The move to FM brought a wave of novice listeners, and it took the show down a notch...

Baligian was the only thing that was still good about WDFN. I can't listen to Rome, and as everyone mentioned, Stoney and Wojo have not been good for years.

Muhme - I enjoy Mike and Terry most of the time. In fact I'd like to hear their opinions and have them talk more. They need to go through segments where there are no open phones, possibly for an hour at a time. It's when the callers continue to call in with the same points and are gun-shy about talking on the phone that I have to turn them off. And Valenti needs to leave 95% of the Pistons talk to Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread