+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. WDFN (Stoney & Wojo, Baligian, others canned, now airing Fox Sports Radio)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    any collection of guys on this forum could be #1 if if they were the only game in town and had an FM signal.

You could train four monkeys and a platypus to run a #1 sports talk show in a market where there isn't another one to compete.
    ...just an FYI... look at other stations across the country... Sports talk is near the bottom in just about every market.

It just seems like Kstat is arguing *gasp* for the sake of arguing...

i grew up on DFN...fucking 12 years old listening to Jaime and Greg when i get outta school and listening to stoney and woj before basketball practices all thru highschool, but hosts started to change, and then it never changed...it got stale

Sean B is a man I can respect from afar, but his shit got STALE...made a dude long for the days of the 3rd shift. S&W was cool, but it wasnt beating Valenti & Foster.

My only gripe with 971 is te 6-10am & pm slot...Caputo is cabbage, and riger and that other guy sound the fuckin same.

Dont worry haters, 971 will change things around like they ALWAYS do
    Last edited by The Irony; 01-29-2009 at 04:19 AM.
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    New book that just came out... Valenti and Foster #1 across the whole M 25-54 demo

...also I believe our station cleaned up with Jay and Bill plus Karsh and Anderson @#1

numbers are irrelevant when you have no competition...

jay and bill are the biggest dumbfucks in radio, they literally know nothing about sports, that show is an absolute abortion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Irony
    It just seems like Kstat is arguing *gasp* for the sake of arguing...
    I wonder if K is going to be able to handle the pressure cooker of being a media insider.
    Find a new slant.

People need to realize that the morning show isn't a sports show. Its a "guy" talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    numbers are irrelevant when you have no competition...
    Wil... You fucking hate 97.1. I understand that but will you take a step back and look at what you're typing.... If you do not know what I am talking about... let me break it down a bit for you.

Our target demo (the demo that we care about, that the bonuses are made of and how we are ultimately judged) is MEN 25-54. THAT IS WHAT 97.1 THE TICKET cares about.

Now, every station in Detroit that also shares that same target demo as us is our competition. Losing WDFN isnt losing our competition. It is losing a station that has registered a 1 share (that is 1/10th of what Mike and Terry register) for the past couple years in our demo. If WRIF, CSX or MIX went out... then you might have a leg to stand on with your argument.

It has been stated over and over in this thread that DFN on AM and XYT on FM isnt fair competition... yet you say the reason that we get our numbers and smash everyone is because we "dont have any competition"

Do you see what youre saying?!

You hate XYT...great. But you cannot deny that we are fucking assassinating everyone in our demo right now.

keep on conveniently leaving out the fact that the ticket never sniffed #1 in anything until they got an FM signal...

men 25-54 are always going to go with sports radio, especially if there's only ONE SPORTS RADIO STATION IN TOWN.

There are a lot of music stations in detroit that take listeners away from each other. No music station is going head-to-head with a sports talk station, and vice versa.

Ergo, WXYT has zero competition.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-29-2009 at 07:36 PM.

You all should really start a radio station with FM. Sounds easy.

I used not to think so, but then Mike Valenti's show got ratings....

Blog Entries
    the 97.1 product is just awful...

+ Reply to Thread