+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons Vs Nuggets 9pm, Fri, 1/9/09, with a side of Stuckey Vs Billups.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

OGT: Pistons Vs Nuggets 9pm, Fri, 1/9/09, with a side of Stuckey Vs Billups.

VS.

Bragging rights come into play I think.

There appears a chance that at least one and perhaps both of Rip Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace could return for the Denver game or at least sometime soon. Hamilton expressed more optimism than previously about the status of his groin strain on Wednesday, and another 48 hours since that time might be enough to allow him to give it a try if it responds well at the morning shootaround. Wallace’s foot injury appears to be one more about pain tolerance than inflicting further damage, but as he’s said, it’s better to get it behind him in January that have it linger into the spring. The pounding of a weekend back-to-back probably doesn’t augur well for a return at anything close to full-time status. Antonio McDyess seems to be playing through his multiple injuries (ribs, thigh, finger) without incident. The latest nagging ailment is a stiff back that flared up on Rodney Stuckey during the loss to Portland, perhaps explaining a subpar night after a dynamic start. If he’s good to go, the Pistons at least match up well with the Nuggets. Arron Afflalo will get a heavy dose of Smith off the bench. Michael Curry might choose to use Jason Maxiell more than usual against Kenyon Martin. Kwame Brown, coming off a strong game in Portland, is a good matchup for Nene. Tayshaun Prince has the defensive range and size to blanket Kleiza inside and out. Starting shooting guard Dahntay Jones isn’t a big enough part of Denver’s offense to worry the Pistons much that his tremendous size advantage over Allen Iverson will be a major problem.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I`m just excited to see Johan Petro make his Nuggets debut.

If I wear my Billups shirt today do you think the Denver people will get confused at who I am rooting for (which is the Pistons of course).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

This should be fun. The boys can talk all they want about it just being another game, I call bullshit.

I hope we get either Rip or Sheed back.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Rips out for the next two games.

Stuckey may or may not play.

Sheed should return tonight.

Blog Entries
    and obviously, no Melo for the Nuggs

What the hell happened to Stuckey now?
    Players meeting my ASS!

He had a stiff back flare up during the Portland game according to Keith.

muchas gracias RG
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    AI's going to have a big game.

+ Reply to Thread