+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the recession directly impacted you?

Has the recession directly impacted you?

I can't say i know where to draw the line, i mean dropping values in homes is a big deal but you still have your home (most of the time). I myself lost my job of 2 1/2 years due to downsizing and now i sit on unemployment. The worst part of it is im making more now then i was when we were working short weeks and any other job i could get right now being unskilled and all.
    It's like marvel drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.

Well, you obviously haven't tried a career in street drug sales.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Honestly it has barely affected me at all. I mean of course I feel bad for the people losing their jobs, but there has been little impact beyond empathy for people.

My job is going well (company had great year)
    My wife and I both have secure jobs that I can't see us losing
    We bought a new house, so we won't be trying to sell it or anything
    We already have no credit card debt and spend wisely

I would actually say it has slightly been positive for us because the home prices were lower when we bought in August.

I guess we are two of the lucky people that have careers that are in demand. I suppose a lot of that is our doing though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Yes, it's directly hurt me - not a lot, but it's noticed.
    "impacted" seems like the wrong word, somehow.

SCREW U WTFCHRIS!! I AM LIVING ON TRISCUITS AND PEPSI WHILE U WALLOW IN GOOD FORTUNE. I HATE U.

Also, I'm doing OK for myself right about now. Knock on wood.

Why are you spending money on Pepsi and Triscuits? You should be drinking water and eating wonder bread to save yourself some money.

Don't you know how to conserve money!?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    For the most "bang for the buck", you go to an el cheapo lunch buffet and eat tons of food. Wonder Bread is a waste of dollars in all circumstances.
    [

stock up on those 39 cent frozen burritos at the store.

Business is down at my place of employment, I would say to the tune of 20 percent gross sales. Everyone is acting different as well, very protective of their jobs and status within the business.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, business sucks here.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread