+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scandal ROCKS The Obama Campaign

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Obama's appointing people who, for the most part, know how to get things done in the Beltway. Daschle is a shithead, but he knows the inner workings of most of the shit he's being called upon to manage and execute. Bush's appointees to HHS were D.C. outsiders, popular governors who went straight into HHS without a health or Beltway background.

It's unclear if Obama can sustain setting a powerful enough direction for some of his cabinet departments -- just way too soon to answer that. He's taking some pretty big stabs at fulfilling campaign promises thus far, even as the economic stimulus sucks the air out of everything else. But, most presidents will do that sort of thing in their first few months.

Unlike most incumbents, Obama doesn't have a whole lot to work with as far as resources. The longer the economy stays sour without some "distraction", the less power he'll have. There's only so much that you can do when you're broke. So, he needs to get some of the big stuff in motion now while he and many legislators have a honeymoon going.

Daschle withdraws. Fucking thief shouldn't have been nominated in the first place...since they knew of him owing 128k in back taxes.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BO ran against the way things were done in Washington and then he comes in and appoints peeps that he has been complaining about. Not only that but he appointed 3 peeps with tax troubles ( a couple rather serious tax probs) and that gives regular peeps the impression that there is a set of rules the regular folk and a set of rules for the higher ups. One can conclude a bit of hypocrisy.

Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised, Tahoe.

Most of what he said while on the campaign trail was just fluff.

Things are going exactly how I thought they would.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Another one!

He shouldn't throw snow balls at dogs like that.

LOL@another one.

That's a brilliant addition.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    BO ran against the way things were done in Washington and then he comes in and appoints peeps that he has been complaining about. Not only that but he appointed 3 peeps with tax troubles ( a couple rather serious tax probs) and that gives regular peeps the impression that there is a set of rules the regular folk and a set of rules for the higher ups. One can conclude a bit of hypocrisy.
    Bush would have kept him. Obama admitted his mistake and corrected things. You probably didn't watch Anderson Cooper's interview with Obama, but it was certainly refreshing to have an honest president speaking to you.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Obama's more concerned with his public perception than Bush is.

If it's controversial in any way, Obama's going to explore another option.

Probably the smart thing to do.

+ Reply to Thread