+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scandal ROCKS The Obama Campaign

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    There are some factual aspects to politics. In fact, seeing the intersection between politics and hard honest unassailable facts is among the most amusing aspects of politics.

I really like the title of this thread. I wish "ROCKS" was the only word in all caps though. That would make it better ... imo.
    STEW BEEF!

For Bill Clinton, it was:

"Another Scandal COCKS The Clinton Campaign"

For Dubya, it was:

"Another Scandal MOCKS The Bush Campaign"

So, ROCKS is a natural progression.

And now Daschle
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    What role does he have in the campaign?

I could look it up, but I'm lazy.
    Find a new slant.

He's the Secretary of something or other designate.

He used to lobby drug companies or something and now he'll be overseeing them. Seems to be 180 degrees from what BO was saying he would do...but I'm not following that closely either.

And now that Daschle got the appointment, he paid a huge amount of back taxes. And BO gave the same..."He made a minor mistake. None of us are perfect, but Daschle is the right guy for the job' routine....you know the Geithner line.

Mxy...help. No spin please.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    He is President Barack Obama's nominee to serve as the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) in Obama's Cabinet.[1]
    Find a new slant.

Secy of something-or-other designate = Secy of HHS
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    He's the Secretary of something or other designate.

He used to lobby drug companies or something and now he'll be overseeing them. Seems to be 180 degrees from what BO was saying he would do...but I'm not following that closely either.

And now that Daschle got the appointment, he paid a huge amount of back taxes. And BO gave the same..."He made a minor mistake. None of us are perfect, but Daschle is the right guy for the job' routine....you know the Geithner line.

Mxy...help. No spin please.
    Daschle is a shithead. I've never had much use for him. I haven't had much use for any Senate majority leader since Mitchell. As with a number of these appointments, they're various flavors of insider scumbag that I hope can be directed usefully by Obama, who I think is somewhat less scummy.

When Daschle couldn't deliver South Dakota to Obama in the primaries after it was already over, I'd written Daschle off as a stepping stone whose time had passed. I didn't expect him to re-emerge, except perhaps to run for Thune's seat/his old Senate seat in 2010.

FWIW, I consider Geithner to be in a different category than Daschle. The tax law that Geithner fumbled is so confusing that the IRS forgave penalties for anyone who hit it, long before Geithner hit the cabinet scene. The error escaped Geithner, two accountants, and TurboTax. Obama ran on a plank of simplifying the tax code and tax preparation. Tax code so complex that half the people subject to it don't know to pay falls into that category. This isn't like the car being a taxable perk, which is straightforward and understood by any modern accountant.

What are you overall unbiased thoughts on BO's appointments versus what he is saying?

Sorry bout the unbiased mention
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread