+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2009 mock drafts/rankings

I would love it if we had another first round pick in between our two picks. The defense was historically bad, so unless some major roles are filled via free agency, I can't defend the Lions if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I'm not a big fan of the idea, I was just trying to think of how they could not screw it up if they were to go for a QB in the first round.
    _

Blog Entries
    I hope the Lions do draft a QB, just so I can bump Tre's "Drew Stanton a Lion!!!!!!!1" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I'm not a big fan of the idea, I was just trying to think of how they could not screw it up if they were to go for a QB in the first round.
    Well, if Sanchez is there at #20 I think they should take them (assuming they went defense at #1). I think he could be a steal like the Packers got with Rodgers late in the first.

It's possible I guess. There are only 2 other teams in the top 10 looking at QB's. KC and SF. KC might just go with Thigpen (plus Pioli isn't known for high draft pick QBs). SF might not pull the trigger in the first round with Smith's money on their payroll still (plus a defensive minded HC).

After that you have the Bears (maybe) and Skins (i think they stay with Campbell). That's about it. I could definately see Stafford or Sanchez fall to #20 like Rodgers slid.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Is there any chance that KC or someone has enough interest in Stafford that they are willing to trade up to #1 or is there a guy out there that the Lions could "play" in order to get a team to move up? I know ever year the team that has #1 talks about trading down, but if there was ever a team that needed to move down and pick up an extra pick or two it is the Lions.

Let's pretend we traded down to 3 and Stafford went 1 to KC and Andre Smith went 2 to St. Louis...................where would you want us to go with pick #3 and pick #20?

If the Skins draft a QB, any chance we could get Campbell? He'd be worth a shot (thought I doubt we'd have a shot at it, I don't know why they'd give up on him right now)?

A QB slipping a bit wouldn't surprise me. I don't think one would slip to 20 but slipping a little makes sense. If one slipped to 20, I bet the value of that pick would go up quite a bit as well.
    _

Blog Entries
    If Sanchez is on the board in the middle of the 1st, I bet somebody would trade up to get him.

I doubt that he makes it to #20.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    McShay has him rated at #4
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Is there any chance that KC or someone has enough interest in Stafford that they are willing to trade up to #1 or is there a guy out there that the Lions could "play" in order to get a team to move up? I know ever year the team that has #1 talks about trading down, but if there was ever a team that needed to move down and pick up an extra pick or two it is the Lions.

Let's pretend we traded down to 3 and Stafford went 1 to KC and Andre Smith went 2 to St. Louis...................where would you want us to go with pick #3 and pick #20?
    I highly doubt KC would trade up to get a QB. At worst they chose between Stafford and Sanchez (whoever we didn't take). No reason to give up a 2nd rounder (and maybe more) unless one of the QBs simply blows away everyone at the combine.

I think our only trade down shot is someone really high on Curry. That or Crabtree or Wells lights it up at the combine. There are too many OT's in the top 10 to merit someone trading up either.

I have a feeling we're staying at #1. I'm thinking Curry at this point. Hopefully Dizon can make strides at MLB.

My ideal scenario would be to trade the pick to the Browns (they run a 3-4 that is ideal for Curry) for their top 3-4 picks.

#8 - Orapko or Maualuga
    #20 - Laurenitus or Johnson (opposite of #8 pick)

they'd have a lot of extra picks to move up if you think your guy will be gone at #20:

Browns 2nd
    Browns 3rd
    Dallas 3rd
    Browns 4th?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Just like the Lions to get #1 in the worst year possible.

But at least they are #1 in something!
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread