+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2009 mock drafts/rankings

Are these ratings relative to the class or against the entire draft history?
    Hype?

I don't really keep up on USC but watching the Rose Bowl game yesterday I was impressed with Taylor Mays. He's a fucking giant and runs a 4.28, at least that's what I thought I heard them say.

I dunno where he'll go, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KP43
    I don't really keep up on USC but watching the Rose Bowl game yesterday I was impressed with Taylor Mays. He's a fucking giant and runs a 4.28, at least that's what I thought I heard them say.

I dunno where he'll go, though.
    He does not run a 4.28 anyone giving a time under 4.4 is usually giving a stop watch time and those are never right.
    Only legit times are electronic.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    He does not run a 4.28 anyone giving a time under 4.4 is usually giving a stop watch time and those are never right.
    Only legit times are electronic.
    Well for what its worth he was clocked several times as the fastest player on USC's team. I'm guessing with all the five stars and studs they have that being the fastest player on THAT team makes you a pretty special player. You add in that he is tall and thick and you have a playmaker in the defensive secondary which is a term not used very often.

I look for Pittsburgh to select Shonn Green. A main weakness of theirs is short yardage situations (and goal line runs) in which they've blown several 4th and goals this season. Green would make an instant impact as a kind of "Baby Bettis" -- dude is almost impossible to drop behing the line.

Glenn, discuss?

As for the Lions, Bradford is the wrong choice. I'd go for Andre Smith and anchor that O line.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    I look for Pittsburgh to select Shonn Green. A main weakness of theirs is short yardage situations (and goal line runs) in which they've blown several 4th and goals this season. Green would make an instant impact as a kind of "Baby Bettis" -- dude is almost impossible to drop behing the line.

Glenn, discuss?
    They've sucked on 4th down, no doubt, (worst in the league) but they have Gary Russell to fill that role, and he's more than capable. The problem with short yardage for the Steelers is the same problem they have overall, O-Line.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain

Glenn, discuss?

As for the Lions, Bradford is the wrong choice. I'd go for Andre Smith and anchor that O line.

Why would Pittsburgh select Greene in the 1st rd? They just drafted Mendenhall last year in Rd 1...

They need a bruiser, but InternetSensationGlennDanzig is correct: they need to work on their O Line.

Once again, Glenn humbles me.

Mays staying in school. Bradford staying in school. Sanchez declares. Per ESPN.

Assuming he's still on the board, how would you feel about taking about the Lions not taking a QB with the first pick and instead taking an O-Lineman and taking Sanchez with the late first (if the new regime is looking to take a QB)? I don't really know a lot about him other than he seems to have all the "tools".
    Last edited by Zekyl; 01-14-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    _

I have a hard time believing the Lions get two offensive players in the first.

I also don't think Sanchez will be there at 20.

49ers or Bears could grab him.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread