+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 87
FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lions Offseason/Preseason News Thread

I'm happy so far. No overpaying just above average players like Millen would in hopes of building a team with an actual foundation, not a card house.

Blog Entries
    The ghost of Millen.

The Fords deserve this for hanging on way too long.
    Find a new slant.

ProFootballTalk.com, who has more hits than misses when it comes to rumors, is speculating that the Detroit Lions could be working on a trade that would send defensive tackle Cory Redding to the Seattle Seahawks. The possible compensation in the deal isn't known.

An e-mail and a phone message to Redding's agent, Kennard McGuire, have not been returned yet.

What could give this rumor some merit is the fact the Lions, who made some sweeping changes in the roster because certain players didn't fit the system, have kept defensive tackle Chuck Darby on board. While some believe Darby, a former player for Rod Marinelli, is a "Tampa Two guy,'' Darby did start for three years in Seattle before joining the Lions last season.

The Lions have said they need to do a better job of stopping the run and they might be thinking of pairing Darby, 33, and recently acquired tackle Grady Jackson, 36, on running downs. Darby, who is a shade under 300 pounds, can get bigger. The Lions could then turn over the tackle spot to other players, including Ikaika Alama-Francis and Andre Fluellen, on passing downs.
    Alama-Francis? A DT? What? Wasn't he a pass-rushing DE that can't crack the rotation? If he moves inside, what makes people think he'll have the power to stack up at the DT spot?
    _

I don't know. Interesting though. But you can have a smaller DT on passing downs.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I guess he's 6'5" 280lbs. I thought he was smaller than.
    _

I read something about trading Redding causes a 7.332 cap hit this year, but would release us obviously from the rest of his deal after this year....

Julian Peterson is 30, 6-3 240 pounds. Some say trading for him would signify us not taking Curry, but having two huge holes at LB, I'm not sure that is the case. Either way, it is only a rumor at this point, and there was another rumor that said Detroit had a "significant trade" in the works and that the deal could be done by Monday but did not name a trade partner.

Needless to say, if Redding is gone, there is a much better chance of us taking Peria Jerry at 20 (not that I support that decision).

The rumored player from Seattle is Julian Peterson. I'd take him ove Redding. Redding is owed a workout bonus on Monday so if this happens, it'll happen this weekend.

Pete has a big contract, but Reddings isn't smalll.

do it? don't do it?

DO IT

A pro bowl LB would be sweet
    Players meeting my ASS!

we're also getting a draft pick too. This deal can't get any better.

Doesn't Peterson have a big deal too? And yes, the rumor is now Redding for Peterson and a pick, though the pick is not ascertained. I'm still on the fence with this move if it leads us to taking Peria Jerry at 20. If not, I like it depending on Peterson's salary.

Anyone have any information on that?

exchanging redding for a player that actually produces makes it a steal by default.

+ Reply to Thread