+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 87
FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lions Offseason/Preseason News Thread

WR Washington's agent says that its expected that Nate will either sign with the Lions or the Titans. He told the Vikes it is unlikely that he will visit them.

So it sounds like the Lions made him a good enough offer to sign, but thought he'd check out Titans.

Somewhat promising, if Washington is any good. Him being pursued by the Titans gives me a lil more confidence that he is a decent player.

all that is per I cant even remember now...either Kflofle, ESPN, CBSsportsline, FoxSports, PFT, Ddog, draftscout, etc, I've been checking in at Roto too now since it seems to be such a hit here today.
    Players meeting my ASS!

We have to give these guys some time, but god damn, the 2 positions that I felt like this team didn't need was WR cuz of CJ and RB cuz of Smith....And what are prolly the first 2 signings? A WR and RB ... lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

^^Takes the risk out of wanting to address those via draft, which I feel is a good move. I mean, look at it this way: we've got a #2 RB, we are just about set at WR if we get Washington, and if we signed Dockery, our OL would likely be done for this year (maybe spending a 3-5th on a OG). With a draft of Matthew Stafford, our offense is set for this year at least. Then we can focus on the defense.

If we get these couple positions tied down over the next couple of days, then I see what management's doing (not to mention the possibilities of Bryant McFadden and/or Jabari Greer at CB).

^^Damnit, gone for 4 hours, looks like Dockery's to the 'Skins as well. Fuckmyass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941156

I was just going to post that. I heard Shefter earlier tonight talking about how this was an expensive day for the Skins. Haynesworth, whats his name and Dockery.

It sounds like the Lions did put a good fight though.

The specualation is/was that if the Lions signed Dockery, that they could pick one of the top OTs and cut Backus.

Going into this season with Backus at L OT will make me cringe. We have FA and the draft to address that very important position, but we spend our efforts getting lesser important things.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Backus is one of the lesser important things (positions to upgrade), for this year at least.

Backus sucks, imo, and L OT is where you build your team.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Seahawks fans really seem to like Maurice Morris, saying his skills are his skills but he gives it all on every play, which should be a nice 1-2 punch with K. Smith. Here's to hoping we can shore up our other holes on offense (and defense).

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Backus sucks, imo, and L OT is where you build your team.
    Backus is just an average LT. Nothing special, but not really terrible either. It's a need, but one after DT, 2 CBs, 2 LBs, OG, #2 WR.

LT is next up after that. Hopefully we address 3-4 of those this year in the draft and the rest next year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

In defense of Backus, he hasn't had a stable partner on that side:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer
    Since entering the league in 2001, Backus hasn't exactly lined up with a Hall of Fame cast. After playing with Tony Semple for his first two years, the Lions went through an string of left guards: Eric Beverly, David Loverne, Kyle Kosier, Ross Verba, Rick DeMulling, Edwin Mulitalo and Damion Cook.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread