+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 87
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lions Offseason/Preseason News Thread

Avril would play OLB in a 3-4, where I think he would actually excel getting down on the line, too, from time to time... Time will tell. But yeah, if I had to guess, I see us sticking with a 4-3.

I really hate to ruin this great thread because I love reading it, but can we stop the "Backus to guard" or "Cherilus to guard" talk. It simply is not going to happen EVER. There is also almost no chance that we cut Backus so we all have to get prepard to go into the season with Backus, Raoila, Cherilus and which ever two guards we decide to pull out of the bag. I know that it makes sense to all of us to put Backus at guard, but based on his ability and the amount of money it just won't happen.

The #1 pick is either Stafford or Curry right now with Stafford holding a 60/40 edge probably. I would prefer Curry, but I don't think Stafford is the worst decision ever. (I almost vomited saying that last part tho)

Yeah, I agree, there is about a 5% chance of moving Backus to a different position. I think if we draft an OT then we cut Backus.

For the majority of the bowl game against MSU, Stafford looked about as good as Steven Threet. I want no part of that.

As for one of the tackles moving to guard, why not? If Millen were here it wouldn't happen because the organization would be too embarrassed. Listening to Schwartz, I get the feeling he doesn't care who he pisses off. If you make a lot of money but suck balls at your position, he won't let you kill the team by continuing to suck. He's a stat freak and if crunching some numbers no one else has even heard about suggests that someone could be an asset at a different position, he'll try it. It's not like Backus and his dumbass contract are killing our cap right now.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

wdfn (well, the crappy new version of wdfn) just said they released Mike Furrey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    wdfn (well, the crappy new version of wdfn) just said they released Mike Furrey

Not surprised. Kind of hard to believe he led the entire NFC in receptions just two years ago...

Regardless, he was useless once Martz left.

I hope he latches on somewhere...

John Standeford's happy...

Furrey wasn't a bad receiver. He would have been a decent #3 for us.
    _

Detroit News:
    (Gunther) wants to attack quarterbacks and disrupt opposing offenses with a beefy front line and aggressive scheme.
    We have FAR from a beefy front line, so I assume we're going after a big NT either in the draft or free agency. Right now we're actually pretty small up front, especially if Avril is now the starter.
    _

Raji number 1?

--yes we are very small up front right now. The Haynesworth talk is likely a pipedream, but he would be a perfect acquisition so as not to have to draft a nose early (if at all).

-- I also want to see for sure what kind of scheme we are going with, that would make it much easier to speculate personnel. However, 3-4 or 4-3, we need a big, fat nose tackle, and a good one.

I still would rather see us go to a 3-4, as long as we could get a nose tackle. I think I'm just stuck on the idea though, I'm not sure if it actually fits us better or not, I always find ways to make it sound good to myself though.
    _

+ Reply to Thread