Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
I don't want any part of Laurinaitis. He may be a ball-hawk type LB, but he has major flaws, plus we already wasted a pick on a Lauriniaits type player last year in Jordon Dizon.

I think we'll be able to snag an OLB like Brian Cushing with the #33 pick...then from there, I'd draft an Offensive Guard & Defensive End with our 2 Third Rd Picks.
You probably would have said the same about this guy (that year Arrington was considered far and away the best LB prospect):

New Mexico’s Brian Urlacher is a 245-pound PFW All-America strong safety/rover. Although he is a dominating player, Urlacher just has not gotten the type of exposure he deserves. A superior athlete, Urlacher spearheads the defense, returns punts, covers kicks, plays on all special teams and finds time to play some offense. He has the best hands on the team, makes a ton of tackles, always seems to be around the ball and has amazing versatility and stamina.
For the past two years, Urlacher has played so well that if he played at a big school that got a lot of television exposure, people would have been talking about him as a Heisman Trophy candidate. While he’s a different type of player than Charles Woodson was, Urlacher does just as much for his team. If you are wondering why he ended up at New Mexico, the reason is he was a late bloomer who has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of size and ability since his early high school days, when he was a 5-9, 160-pound receiver with unspectacular speed. Urlacher played linebacker his first two years at New Mexico, and although he did not start as a sophomore, he still had over 100 tackles. In ’98, he became a full-time starter at strong safety/rover and led the nation in tackles by some counts and the Western Athletic Conference by everyone’s count. Although Urlacher is not a great cover guy, some scouts say they might leave him at strong safety and use him as the Bengals used David Fulcher when they went to the Super Bowl in ’89. Most scouts, however, like Urlacher best as a weak-side linebacker.
And Dizon was an OLB in college. We played him out of postion (which is what you want to continue by drafting an OLB).