+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: lets get Elton Brand...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with Boozer and I think he's a very good player.

These guys are pretty similar IMO, and I was just wondering why Booz seemed so valued and why Brand was undesirable.

I'm in the same boat G. I consider them very close. Just a couple slight advantages to Boozer.

I should have said "extra round", as in the fact that he's been one round further than Brand ever has isn't a factor in what he brings to his next team.

Ok, let's just say Boozer has been on better teams.

Blog Entries
    Well economic forces may bring Booz's deal down a bit too, so you may be right there.

If BRI goes down, does the amount of a max contract go down too, or just the amount of the MLE?
    Find a new slant.

A lot of Bulls fans feel that letting Brand go is the reason they still suck.

And, as far as the bold part, I haven't checked their record with/without him, but Utah seems to be doing about the same with Millsap as they were with Booz, but I'd have to check.

Cleveland didn't really slip without him either.
    Milsap seems to be nice. I would add him if available.

No matter where to take this, Boozer went to a fair team that got better then, Brand has played with a lot of suck and sucked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Both were liars, no question. I presume Boozer would be had for less cash, not cost us assets in a trade, and not come with a reputation for making average teams more average.
    What kind of assets are you referring to?

If you are talking about AI's expiring deal, explain how that is different than using cap space next year. Also, at this point, some might see moving Amir or Max's deal as a +
    Find a new slant.

What kind of assets are you referring to?

If you are talking about AI's expiring deal, explain how that is different than using cap space next year. Also, at this point, some might see moving Amir or Max's deal as a +
    I was presuming, as others have, they would not just take AI's deal. And if we can unload a PP, more power to us, but I'm presuming they would want worth.

Blog Entries
    I didn't notice that Joe A had the Rip/Kwame version of a Brand deal a while back.

One of the "rumors" is Rip/Kwame/Amir for Brand/Green.
    Find a new slant.

I'd rather have Boozer than Brand too.

This season Boozer has had games like:

26 points, 15 boards v CHA
    20 points, 11 boards v MIL
    21 points 15 boards v PHO
    19 points 16 boards v PHI
    19 points 18 boards v NY

Not bad for a guy who has already made it clear he wants out of Utah.

While we're throwing out names...

What do you guys think of David Lee from the Knicks?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

If you go by stats, the analysis says Boozer. However, Brand (at least before his injuries) was light years ahead of Boozer on defense. Brand would bring a shotblocking threat, while Boozer is more of an on ball defender and a box out rebounder.
    Destiny

+ Reply to Thread