+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: lets get Elton Brand...

Here are some deals that would work (not saying they'd be done):

Sheed/Kwame/Herrmann for Miller/SAR (would get them 18 mil more in space next year)
    AI for Howard/Dampier (Damp would expire in 2011 and we'd still have Bosh money)
    AI for Bell/Morrison/May
    AI/Max or Amir for Tmac/Battier

These deals all keep space for Bosh. Most of those players would not be retained past 2010 (Battier and Dampier are the only deals longer)
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    SAR retired, can they still trade his deal?
    Find a new slant.

I don't know. The deal works with Kenny Thomas too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    This right here http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...20~8&te=&cash= I would do, but I think Joe could get a 1st in return as well to compensate for the long-term money and the cap relief that Philly would get.

Of course, it doesn't really address the problem of duplication between Rip/Stuck/AI, so I'd like to see another deal sending either Rip or AI elsewhere for a star-level big (as we have discussed, Stuck isn't going anywhere).
    Find a new slant.

Well, at that point I would see if Sactown wanted to do AI/Max for Miller/Salmons/Thomas:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~2775~556~1726~849&teams=23 ~23~8~8~8&te=&cash=

They get cap space and a PF to pair with Hawes.

We get a backup wing for 3 years (Salmons) to move RIP back to starting, plus a center and PF that expire in 2010.

PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG RIP/Salmons/AA
    SF Tay/Salmons/Herrmann
    PF Brand/Amir/Thomas
    C Miller/Dyess/Thomas

Only worry is backup PG, but I'd probably just play Tay there for 5-10 minutes a game to avoid Bynum (AA can share the ballhandling load some too). Either that or move Herrmann for a backup PG that might have a year left after this.

After next year Miller and Thomas are gone, sign Bosh. Hopefully we can draft a solid backup PG too.

2010:
    PG Stuckey/(Draft)
    SG RIP/AA
    SF Tay/Salmons
    PF Brand/Amir
    C Bosh/Amir

The TMac Battier one isn't too bad. I'd love to have Battier and couldn't care less about TMac since he'd be injured half the time and he'd be off the books in time for that big free agent class. Would that cause a logjam at the swing positions though? Prince, Rip, Battier, McGrady all trying to get time at either the 2 or 3. I guess Rip could play only the 2, Prince only the 3 obviously, and then its whether @_o minds playing a bench role. It just doesn't seem like we'd have enough minutes to go around at those two positions. Then again, that would give us the flexibility to trade Rip and not have to worry about who starts at the 2 next year.

Not that I ever think the Rockets would do that deal.

I really like that last one chris came up with, assuming Brand can stay healthy. We finally get that low-post guy, the 6ers get out of the Brand deal they may regret and can spend that money elsewhere next year or the year after. We have a solid big to pair with whomever we can get via free agency, and a stop-gap big in Miller who can do well enough until we get his cap space to go after someone like Bosh or Amare.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 01-28-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    _

Blog Entries
    For you cats saying that you don't want Brand, can you explain why you might want Boozer instead?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    For you cats saying that you don't want Brand, can you explain why you might want Boozer instead?

Youth.

Won some games.

Blog Entries
    What has Boozer won that Brand hasn't?

He's been on some better teams, for sure, but are Boozer's extra wins going to help the Pistons somehow?

I think Brand being a "better guy" probably outweighs that, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    What has Boozer won that Brand hasn't?
    A second round playoff series?

And isn't Clipper nation furious at Brand for lying?

+ Reply to Thread