+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: lets get Elton Brand...

He's the TYPE of player we'll be going after in free agency, but he's not the player we'd go after with that kind of money. No thank you, I'll hold out for someone like Bosh (yes, I need a reality check, we're not getting him).
    _

I would also hold on to the salary flexibility...Brand is damaged goods

When was the last time Brand was healthy?

IIRC he's been injured on and off for a few seasons now.

Assuming Philly would do the deal is it really in our best interests? Brand and Miller are not getting any younger. If we're serious about a rebuilding job grabbing these 2 doesn't work for me.

I'd rather maintain the flexibility for a bit and hope to get some younger talent that can team with our young guys using the cap space and/or picks to facilitate deals.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Shit's getting weird around here, I just pulled this idea out of my ass, and now this...

Player News (last updated: January 27, 2009)

News: Brand could be traded before the trade deadline, the Philly Burbs reports.

Spin: The blog insinuates that Brand could be traded to Detroit or Chicago. It's an interesting story that has some solid footing due to the Sixers' struggles with Brand in the lineup so far this season. Landing with a half court team, like the Pistons, could help Brand's value dramatically.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...le?playerId=91

Also this:
    http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress...ns_trad_1.html
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    When was the last time Brand was healthy?

IIRC he's been injured on and off for a few seasons now.
    Besides blowing out his achilles last year, which can happen to anyone, he's been anything but injury prone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...UUD8f4YPVVPKB4
    Find a new slant.

Would you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dial
    Detroit could send Rip Hamilton, Amir Johnson and Kwame Brown to Philadelphia for Elton Brand and native Detroiter Willie Green. This would keep Detroit in the running for big name free agents in both 2009 and 2010 and allow Joe Dumars to pitch a possible core of Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince and Elton Brand
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

They've been talking about the possibility of this move all day on 1270 (the only local sports station). First the Freep, now this....the Detroit media is starting to poach off of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    I'd rather maintain the flexibility for a bit and hope to get some younger talent that can team with our young guys using the cap space and/or picks to facilitate deals.
    agreed

Green is ok as a backup guard. What would we do at SG next year? I'm doubting AI or Sheed is going to want a one year deal. Are there players we could move them for that would expiring in 2010?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Free Agents that expire in 2010:

SG - Raja Bell
    SG - Josh Howard
    SG - TMac

C - Brad Miller

These would be some options to consider in an AI or Sheed deal if we still wanted to target the 2010 class but not simply let Sheed and AI walk and have a lotto team next year.

Blog Entries
    re: #13

I think that is too rich.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread