+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Michael Curry Thread

So then the conversation has to be with Rip or JoeD. When is the trading deadline?

I'm begining to think we have a pretty serious problem and it AINT ALL CURRY FOLKS

Billups was our coach.
    Curry was a good idea from a motivation and focus standpoint. Press the right buttons, PLAY THE BENCH, attack the basket. That's all we really needed.

Now we are asking a Rookie NBA HC with NO prior HC experience at any level to draw up an offense that works with Allen Iverson and a new cast of players that lived and died by their system.

3 years ago the dude was playing in the league, last year he sat on the bench. I don't even know what he was doing the other 2.

2.5 Million for a cheerleader.
    Hype?

Running the NBDL in some aspect, I believe.
    _

Even though I haven't watched an NBA game in over 45 years, I have to axe: Uh, when do people start taking Dumars to task, or do he a-posed to get a lifetime pass for 2004?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Even though I haven't watched an NBA game in over 45 years, I have to axe: Uh, when do people start taking Dumars to task, or do he a-posed to get a lifetime pass for 2004?
    He gets a lifetime pass for 88-89-90-04-05-06-07-08
    None dare speak above a whisper in criticism of our Joe Deity
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I agree. There has to be a reckoning for Joe Dumars' failure to lace up his sneakers and win games in the last four post-seasons.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    He gets a lifetime pass for 88-89-90-04-05-06-07-08
    None dare speak above a whisper in criticism of our Joe Deity
    Teams with Dumars also made the ECF in 91 and 03, though neither of those appearances would guarantee job security.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    I agree. There has to be a reckoning for Joe Dumars' failure to lace up his sneakers and win games in the last four post-seasons.
    Joe is an undersized power forward.
    Or a slim Bonzi Wells.
    Hype?

If Joe thinks it would be good for AI to come off the bench, he'll make it happen. One Hall-of-Famer can convince another that it will work for the good of the group. All he has to say is, "Allen, you see my three rings? You see my three banners? If you want yours, here's what needs to happen." I guarantee AI would listen, if he truly wants that ring. He could still play starters minutes, just not be on the floor at the same time as Rip.

Start with Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Kwame, Sheed. At the 8:00 mark, AI and Dice come in for Rip and Kwame. At the quarter, Amir and Afflalo check in for Rasheed and Stuckey, and allow AI to free wheel a bit. Two minutes later, bring in Hermann for Tay, letting Afflalo guard any dominant SFs.

Roll with AI, Afflalo, Hermann, Amir, Dice, until the 5 minute mark roughly, and sub in Stuckey for Afflalo (taking over PG duties), Sheed for Amir, and Tay for Hermann. Or go small and sit Dice and bring in Rip.

Unfortunately, Rip and AI will have to learn to co-exist, unless each plan to play 24 minutes, which is obviously isn't happening. They don't have to play together a lot (I think my scenario does this fairly well), but they'll have to a little bit. I feel that AI is fine playing with Rip and is trying to help him feel comfortable, but Rip is still being a little girl about it.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

+ Reply to Thread