OK, you guys knew this was coming. I'm sure that a few of you will disagree but we are roughly a quarter of the way through the season and Curry has disappointed in almost every way.

I'll admit that the trade has caused some turmoil. AI has yet to really mesh and Dice has been sorely missed.This still does not make up for Curry being a pretty crappy head coach so far for the following reasons:

We have virtually no offensive plays. This is incredibly evident coming out of time outs. At least Saunders could get us a basket coming out of a time out.

The players aren't playing hard for Curry. This was one of the main reasons that Curry was brought in. We have seen the Pistons players give up or put in sub-par efforts (most notable against Philly) too many times.

Not enough passing resulting in too many outside jumpers and contested shots. This is partially due to the lack of plays and also due to poor coaching. I have also never seen a Pistons team commit so many offensive fouls.

Poor defense. This is the worst defensive Pistons team in a long time. They seem to give little effort and we seem to frequently lose guys on D and give up easy shots.

Fundamentals. This LOOKS like a poorly coached team, We don't box out on rebounds. We don't attack the glass. We don't pass well. We don't make good shot selection. These are all things that a well coached team should be at least reasonably good at.

Attitude. Curry has an attitude that doesn't seem to work. I haven't heard him take any heat for losses (although I could be wrong here). He benched Amir for essentially three games when he screwed up after coming into a game yet other players are not treated this way.

Overall this is just a very quirky team right now and I think that most of the blame falls on the head coach. The losing every Sunday thing. The getting behind early thing. The giving up big leads thing. These all are things that shouldn't be happening. This team has enough skill and other teams are doing more with less. That comes down to leadership.

Even yet, here is the best question? Other than playing the youngsters (which could be a Dumars mandate) what is Curry doing right as a coach? How as this team inmproved over last season? I just don't see it. I was hoping that McDyess returning would help but looking at this team, thinsg just seem bleak unless either Curry improves dramatically or we get a new head coach.