+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Fire Michael Curry Thread

The Official Fire Michael Curry Thread

OK, you guys knew this was coming. I'm sure that a few of you will disagree but we are roughly a quarter of the way through the season and Curry has disappointed in almost every way.

I'll admit that the trade has caused some turmoil. AI has yet to really mesh and Dice has been sorely missed.This still does not make up for Curry being a pretty crappy head coach so far for the following reasons:

We have virtually no offensive plays. This is incredibly evident coming out of time outs. At least Saunders could get us a basket coming out of a time out.

The players aren't playing hard for Curry. This was one of the main reasons that Curry was brought in. We have seen the Pistons players give up or put in sub-par efforts (most notable against Philly) too many times.

Not enough passing resulting in too many outside jumpers and contested shots. This is partially due to the lack of plays and also due to poor coaching. I have also never seen a Pistons team commit so many offensive fouls.

Poor defense. This is the worst defensive Pistons team in a long time. They seem to give little effort and we seem to frequently lose guys on D and give up easy shots.

Fundamentals. This LOOKS like a poorly coached team, We don't box out on rebounds. We don't attack the glass. We don't pass well. We don't make good shot selection. These are all things that a well coached team should be at least reasonably good at.

Attitude. Curry has an attitude that doesn't seem to work. I haven't heard him take any heat for losses (although I could be wrong here). He benched Amir for essentially three games when he screwed up after coming into a game yet other players are not treated this way.

Overall this is just a very quirky team right now and I think that most of the blame falls on the head coach. The losing every Sunday thing. The getting behind early thing. The giving up big leads thing. These all are things that shouldn't be happening. This team has enough skill and other teams are doing more with less. That comes down to leadership.

Even yet, here is the best question? Other than playing the youngsters (which could be a Dumars mandate) what is Curry doing right as a coach? How as this team inmproved over last season? I just don't see it. I was hoping that McDyess returning would help but looking at this team, thinsg just seem bleak unless either Curry improves dramatically or we get a new head coach.

We looked like the best team in the NBA before Billups was traded (with the most dangerous bench) Curry's offensive attack was exactly what we needed with just enough of what Flip/LB did sprinkled in by our PG.
    Billups was running most of our "plays" and Curry was just picking spots for us to attack the basket.

Ps, plays are for punks.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion
    We looked like the best team in the NBA before Billups was traded (with the most dangerous bench) Curry's offensive attack was exactly what we needed with just enough of what Flip/LB did sprinkled in by our PG.
    Billups was running most of our "plays" and Curry was just picking spots for us to attack the basket.

Ps, plays are for punks.
    We were barely into the season at that point though so it's hard for a comparison. We also won in Toronto without Billups or AI. It's what has happened since that brings into question Curry's skills to coach and adapt.

Why should someone getting paid 10-20 million a year have to be coached about fundamentals, defense, attitude or playing hard?

Its this group of players. JoeD should make another move and its not the coach, imo. I'm not saying Curry is better than Flip, Carlisle, LB its just that we pretty much have the same result year after year with different coaches. It points to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget

Poor defense. This is the worst defensive Pistons team in a long time. They seem to give little effort and we seem to frequently lose guys on D and give up easy shots.
    this is the most concerning part. If we can't play good D, we're nothing, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Why should someone getting paid 10-20 million a year have to be coached about fundamentals, defense, attitude or playing hard?

Its this group of players. JoeD should make another move and its not the coach, imo. I'm not saying Curry is better than Flip, Carlisle, LB its just that we pretty much have the same result year after year with different coaches. It points to the players.
    My thinking here was that when you take a bunch of players, ANY bunch of players, and let them play lazy and undisciplined basketball, bad traits will appear and fundamentals go down the toilet. This "freestyle" offense seems to be bringing about these traits.

I'd say Curry proved his worth by taking allen Iverson and telling him to duplicate chauncey billups.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...up_starti.html

NEW YORK -- Michael Curry has seen enough of these slow starts by his starters. Following today's 104-92 loss to New York, Curry said he will "do something" with the starting lineup.

The most likely lineup Curry will look at will involve Rodney Stuckey coming in to run the point, joining Allen Iverson, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace.
    I wonder if Michael Curry will sit next to Dumars at the press conference to announce Curry's firing.

starting Tayshaun Prince at power forward the the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

I don't like that idea at all. I'm giving him a chance and not judging him too quickly but that just isn't a good lineup. We're already stacked with PFs and you're going to start your rail-thin SF at PF? No.
    _

+ Reply to Thread