+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: OGT: BO's inauguration...

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    If you're 20, he was pretty much a mobile vegetable by the time you were born, yes?
    Yep, his "lifetime" wasn't really legit since he was a baby in the regan era. Though ion alot of ways he still is.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Only to be disappointed when that Prez leaves, no?

(except for Reagan, who was the greatest US President of my lifetime)
    No, I'm not disappointed at all.

And I think thats my point though Wil. We live in a country where our founders did an amazing job of putting together a constitution that is brilliant in many ways even today.

I'm excited about a new Prez even though I voted for Bush. Bush' time is done. The country is ready for someone new. Its refreshing. <--thats a lil gay.

Its somewhat like private industry when a new guy/gal takes the helm. New blood, new ideas, new energy, etc.

Its a great day.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Yes, but at the same time, Tahoe, the fact that Obama is going to have the chance to implement his far-left agenda does what for conservatives?

Nothing.

8 years of expanding government?? Universal health care?? Increasing the deficit two-fold?? Accepting homo-sexual marriage?? Global warming?? Increased taxes on capital gains??? These are things you want to see happen...??

I sure as fuck don't.

It's not a great day for conservatives. We lost.

True, but not relevant.
    Yes it is, you have no real time experience of him as a president. Just hindsight and a republican party alliance through all stitched into your not so well used brain.

And I think thats my point though Wil. We live in a country where our founders did an amazing job of putting together a constitution that is brilliant in many ways even today.
    that 3/5's rule and the loophole in the checks and balance system weren't all that great. The idea is somewhat ok, but it's not really "brilliant".

the fact that Obama is going to have the chance to implement his far-left agenda does what for conservatives?
    It's not just conservative robots country, and if you believe that you are screwed because you are conservative, imo you're severely ignorant.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Yes it is, you have no real time experience of him as a president. Just hindsight and a republican party alliance through all stitched into your not so well used brain.

You don't need to have 'real time experience' to admire the work they did.

I'm pretty sure Obama wasn't alive for any of Lincoln's tenure, yet Obama is incredibly fond of the man.

So yes Codename, it is irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    And Obama was 2 when JFK died, so again...makes my point valid.

You don't need to have 'real time experience' to admire the work they did.

I'm pretty sure Obama wasn't alive for any of Lincoln's term, yet Obama is incredibly fond of the man.

So yes Codename, it is irrelevant.
    1.) what does obama have to do with you calling a guy you never witnessed in real time the greatest president of your lifetime? Nothing beats actually being there when books and secondary accounts are always tilted as time passes.

2.) you are horrible at defending your points still. almost tricked yourself into believing that made sense.
    ^

Yes, but at the same time, Tahoe, the fact that Obama is going to have the chance to implement his far-left agenda does what for conservatives?

Nothing.

8 years of expanding government?? Universal health care?? Increasing the deficit two-fold?? Accepting homo-sexual marriage?? Global warming?? Increased taxes on capital gains??? These are things you want to see happen...??

I sure as fuck don't.

It's not a great day for conservatives. We lost.
    But conservatives will NEVER have their guy in office every election and neither will the Libs. Its the system we live under.

BO's words and appointments since elected, imo, have been hypocrisy squared compared to his words in the campaign.

He is moving huge to the middle.

Can he be successful in the middle? Its really up to the left. The right has to (and should be willing to) compromise cuz a lib was elected. But if he's throwing us a bone, TAKE IT.

Just like when conservative is elected, he normally tries to engage the left cuz he knows he needs them to be successful. BO is doing that. Thats all I can ask. We didn't elect him the left elected him so he has to pay them back.

Again, the founders did a great job of making our government successful when we work together. When we are at odds, nothing happens.
    Players meeting my ASS!

And Obama was 2 when JFK died, so again...makes my point valid.
    Obama called JFK the greatest president of his lifetime?
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe

He is moving huge to the middle.
    No he's a muslim radical, thats what your fellow young conservative believes.

We didn't elect him the left elected him so he has to pay them back.
    You'd be surprised how many life long original conservative chose him over McCain. Some things go beyond your affiliation in life. Anybody who is truly an individual in this worlds understands when to look beyond the norm.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread