+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: BO's inauguration...

OGT: BO's inauguration...

So this may or may not DIOT. I think it's prolly justified.

So they're saying potentially 4 million peeps in DC? The million man march stressed the DC police, add over 4 times that amount of peeps and shit could get fucked up.

Rumored to be 10,000 charter buses coming.

Get the porta potties ready.

I can't wait to see his speech. It'll prolly be full of shit, from my pov, but inspiring nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    If Cal Poly vs UC Davis got it's own thread, this sure does.

Blog Entries
    Speeches that are both full of shit and inspiring are hard to come by.
    Find a new slant.

Can I have edit rights extended on the first post? This really might be pretty cool and all the fuck and shit I wrote prolly isn't the best thing for this. And I'm pretty serious about that. I dont' really give a shit but for some this is prolly the 2nd coming of JFK.

Better yet, someone else start one and this matriculate into oblivion or something.

Blog Entries

Friend --

Barack Obama will be sworn in as President of the United States of America on January 20th, 2009.

It will be an unprecedented event in the history of our country, and hundreds of thousands of people will come together in Washington, D.C. to share the moment.

Supporters like you made this happen. You know that real change comes from the bottom up, not from the top down, and Barack and Joe want you to join them on this historic day. They want to start off this administration with the people who worked so hard and will continue to fight for change with them.

Between now and January 8th, 10 supporters and their guests will be selected to join the Inaugural activities.

If you make a donation -- in any amount -- to make the Inauguration a success, you and a guest could be flown to Washington, D.C., put up in a hotel, and be there as Barack is sworn in as the 44th President.

Make a donation of $5 or more right now. You and a guest could receive your ticket to history.

Unlike past inaugurations, this year's event will not be paid for by Washington lobbyists or corporations.

This campaign was funded by 4 million ordinary people giving only what they could afford, and Barack and Joe are counting on you again. Help start this administration off right -- independent of the special interest donors who have shaped Washington for too long.

This Inauguration will be open to as many Americans as possible. We'll all come together to celebrate the hope and optimism that define this movement for change.

But you could be one of 10 selected to join us in Washington for all Inaugural events. Any donation you make between now and January 8th counts -- whatever you can afford.

Show your support for a different kind of politics and a different kind of inauguration with a donation of $5 or more today:

https://donate.pic2009.org/tickettohistory

The Inauguration will be a once-in-a-lifetime event. I hope you can join us.

Thank you,

David

David Plouffe
    Campaign Manager
    Obama for America

P.S. -- If you cannot make a donation, you and a guest could still be selected to receive your ticket to history. Learn more here.
    Find a new slant.

P.S. -- If you cannot make a donation, you and a guest could still be selected to receive your ticket to history. Learn more here.
    TRANSLATION: Just like like when Lucky Charms makes a promotional contest, if we require you to pay money for an entry chance it's called a raffle and if it's an interstate raffle it's called a lotto and we have to have a license for one of those.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I can already tell you whats going to happen...

Barack Obama will be speaking of 'change' and a 'new America'...

and the cameras will cut out to some random black woman with tears strolling down her eyes...

then George Stephanopolous will tell us how for all the 'little people' who are struggling in this economy, this is such a big day because it gives them a sense of hope and optomism...

needless to say, Barack Obama doesn't give a rats ass about that crying black woman, the word 'change' is nothing more than an adjective meant to be interpreted how ever way you want it...

only you have the power to dictate what happens in your own life, no politican is going to cater specifically to your needs...

once the inaguaration is over...

if your house is being foreclosed, it will still be boarded up
    if you can't find a job, you will still be unemployed
    if you don't have any money, you will still be poor
    if you still can't afford healthcare, you still won't be able to
    if you still can't afford gas, you certainly won't be able to in the coming months
    if you've been upset with our Democratic-majority congress the last 2 years (which has a lower approval rating than President Bush), then needless to say, that won't change either

change doesn't have a definition, get ready to be disappointed

So you're saying you aren't smellin what BO is cookin?
    Last edited by Tahoe; 01-16-2009 at 10:43 PM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread