+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Battle of the DONES: Pissdones @ San Andoneo

The thread title was soooooo perfect for the first half, 3 quarters and then the Pistons looked hungry again. Not done at all.

Which Piston's team shows up in the playoffs is the bitch.

i knew i'd want to puke when i heard the spurs' PA announcer. i'm normally a law abiding citizen but i'd risk my freedom for the chance to MURDER that annoying jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Which Piston's team shows up in the playoffs is the bitch.

That's the million dollar question.

After games like this the trade makes sense but after getting blown out by the Celtics or Bucks I think Joe fucked up the team.

If they play like this in the playoffs I will bow down and praise Joe D as the smartest mother fucker to walk the earth but right now I have my doubts.

What I've learned -
    1. Stuckey is really developing into a PG (sorry, Glenn) and already has the SG-role fairly under control.
    2. The Spurs probably are DONE (can't believe Glenn hasn't posted it yet).
    3. Afflalo is better for this team than Lindsey would have been.
    4. It sucks that 'Sheed can't get a tech every game. We'd be awesome then.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    What I've learned -
    1. Stuckey is really developing into a PG (sorry, Glenn) and already has the SG-role fairly under control.
    2. The Spurs probably are DONE (can't believe Glenn hasn't posted it yet).
    3. Afflalo is better for this team than Lindsey would have been.
    4. It sucks that 'Sheed can't get a tech every game. We'd be awesome then.
    I was coming in here to post just that. I understand he isn't the most consistent player, but he's been doing a nice job the past couple games at the point. Rip for Kaman looks good right now if Joe could pull that deal off.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    "We'll" have to shoot 50%+ to win, especially if dribble penetration is as effective as it usually is against "us".
    50% on the nose.

The Spurs are DONE.

They wore down in the second half and they were well rested coming into the game.

I've never seen the Spurs make so many lazy passes and take so many ill advised shots.

The refs did "us" a pretty nice favor too by swallowing their whistles, something that they don't normally do.

I had almost forgot how much I hate watching that team flop all over the place, especially Manu. Good luck winning anything with Matt Bonner in the starting lineup. They have NOTHING outside of their top three guys.

On the Pistons side, I thought AI looked really good (especially the second half) and so did Amir.

Tay seemed like a bit of a black hole after he made a few jumpers, but hey, we want him to be aggressive right? Can't have it both ways, and he played scrappy.

Solid performances by Affalo, Sheed (after the typical nonsense to motivate himself) and Stuckey. Kwame's D on Duncan was notable.

All in all, I don't put too much into this win, other than being a good win. The Spurs ain't what they used to be.

Oh, and who was that skank sitting next to Joe D? Tahoe?
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm concerned about Tayshaun. He is having a really hard time getting anything to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I'm concerned about Tayshaun. He is having a really hard time getting anything to fall.
    If only he could guard Dwyane Wade every game...

Blog Entries
    Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was extremely critical of his team's lackluster performance.

"Tonight we played very poorly, very unwisely," Popovich said. "We need to have more people play well. The most disturbing thing is that we were very soft. I think Detroit intimidated us. I think they ran us all over the court, with their aggressiveness and physicality. It was really sad to watch in that respect."
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop
    This team is done. =-(

+ Reply to Thread