+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2008-09 RWOST

It was on some random "local programming" channel and it wasn't even listed in the guide on the cable box but I managed to find it and watch the second half of the game. I can't believe Ozzy let in a center ice shot (granted, it was tipped by Hossa, but he still had plenty of time to adjust). Franzen almost had a nice goal but Leclair made a beautiful save diving across the net. We outshot them by about double but through their first 11 shots they had 10 scoring chances while we only had 11 in 21 shots (I think that was through 2 periods but it might have been after 1), so we're still giving up way too many good opportunities.
    _

The problem is we gave up the puck and the Jackets took the puck from us too much. To beat my favorite dead horse we need to control the puck more down low in their end. Teams are going to press our point men and in the neutral zone to get an odd-man rush. It's the best way to stop that.

And tell me that I'm not the only one watching an original six match-up right now.

And that Boston breakout goal shows how forechecking is also a part of defense.

I had to go to a family Christmas party. The only time my dad's side of the family ever gets together, couldn't really skip that.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I can't believe Ozzy let in a center ice shot (granted, it was tipped by Hossa, but he still had plenty of time to adjust).
    That was his claim to fame early in his career.
    Find a new slant.

It was supposed to say 'another' and not a. I remember him doing that a few times as a youngster.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    It was supposed to say 'another' and not a. I remember him doing that a few times as a youngster.
    Referring to Osgood, or yourself?

You must have been all of 8 or 9 years old.
    Find a new slant.

I was 12 when we won the cup in 98. I was a youngster, and he was a youngster in his career.
    _

This "letting in the first shot of the game" BS needs to stop. 1-0 Ducks.
    _

+ Reply to Thread