+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RIP for Kaman

Another option would be Adam Morrison. His deal is up by 2010 and he's not getting much PT there. His shooting is terrible right now though. Maybe a change of scenery and a defined role would help, who knows.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'd try moving Max to Toronto for Kapono after that deal. O Neal has been hurt and their backup bigs are all euro shooters. They could use a banger. Plus they could lose Kapono and give Graham more minutes. He's just a gunner, but that's fine off the bench. We could use a guy to come in and hit a few threes.
    I thought of that too, but there's no way they give up Kapono. He's logging 22-23 mpg, and he's one of their top guys off the bench. He fits there better than Max does.

MoTown is right.

Kapono is a sniper for them. That guy just shoots the lights out when they need him to. They're not getting rid of him.

We could always take our time to decide who to go after, lean on Afflalo and Herrmann a bit more to see what they can give us off the bench while we decide.

Its too bad Matt Carroll signed that terrible contract with the Bobcats, he wouldn't be bad coming off our bench. I want no part of Morrison. I was about to suggest J.J. Reddick but I took a look at his numbers and he's playing terribly this year it seems. Even worse than Morrison.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 12-03-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    _

I'd probably just lean on AA as well. But Morrison would be nice because his contract is shorter and if he blows here too you just sit him a year and let him expire. The ideal thing would probably be to get an expiring deal for this year. That way maybe we can afford to extent Sheed for a little more than MLE (if he's interested) and keep him as a backup if/when Bosh signs. Or maybe AI would take less money to stay a couple years. We'll need a full time SG to replace RIP anyway.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 12-03-2008 at 01:09 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I wonder if Washington would move Nick Young when Agent Zero is back. Probably not for Max since they have Songalia. Maybe for Amir?

I'd probably just lean on AA as well. But Morrison would be nice because his contract is shorter and if he blows here too you just sit him a year and let him expire. The ideal thing would probably be to get an expiring deal for this year. That way maybe we can afford to extent Sheed for a little more than MLE (if he's interested) and keep him as a backup if/when Bosh signs. Or maybe AI would take less money to stay a couple years. We'll need a full time SG to replace RIP anyway.
    That's my only concern with this idea. If Rip's gone, who takes over at SG next year? Do we have to go after one with all of that cap space, meaning we couldn't go get Bosh, Boozer, or Amare?
    _

I wonder if Washington would move Nick Young when Agent Zero is back. Probably not for Max since they have Songalia. Maybe for Amir?
    They both would make too much to trade for Nick Young. He's still on his rookie contract.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    That's my only concern with this idea. If Rip's gone, who takes over at SG next year? Do we have to go after one with all of that cap space, meaning we couldn't go get Bosh, Boozer, or Amare?
    That's whay I was playing around with Rip/? for Kaman/Eric Gordon last week.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    They both would make too much to trade for Nick Young. He's still on his rookie contract.
    Max is on his rookie one though isn't he? We extended him, but I thought the raise kicks in next year. Amir already got his raise though. We'd just have to take back filler for him.

Max is on his rookie one though isn't he? We extended him, but I thought the raise kicks in next year. Amir already got his raise though. We'd just have to take back filler for him.
    Max is a poison pill player so his contract isn't worth the same in a trade
    _

+ Reply to Thread