+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac question

Mac question

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this so I figured Off Topic was best, but maybe it should be moved to Area 51. I know we've got a few Mac guys here. Do you burn DVD's? If so, what do you use? The only thing I've heard about is Handbreak, but my friend uses it to put his movies on his computer, not to actually burn copies of them to watch in a DVD player. My roommates are always renting movies, I figured I might as well expand my DVD collection.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I wasn't sure exactly where to put this so I figured Off Topic was best, but maybe it should be moved to Area 51. I know we've got a few Mac guys here. Do you burn DVD's? If so, what do you use? The only thing I've heard about is Handbreak, but my friend uses it to put his movies on his computer, not to actually burn copies of them to watch in a DVD player. My roommates are always renting movies, I figured I might as well expand my DVD collection.
    There's a lot of ways to burn a DVD.

I use matches.

Go the apple.com and go to the download section. There's some good freeware in the video section under "all downloads" on the left side menu.

I'll definitely check it out. Will that get around encryption issues?
    _

Sorry man, the only thing I burn is pre-ripped.
    STEW BEEF!

Well, I don't have to rip it first, I just want to burn rented DVDs. I never had a problem with it on my old PC but I haven't a clue how to do it on Mac since I recently switched.
    _

i believe that if you just insert the dvd and drag the contents you want burned onto said dvd, when you hit eject it will prompt you to burn it and give you some options. Don't think you need any additional software.

Also, when you want to eject a dvd or cd and impress your friends simply hit command (apple key) and E at the same time.

It won't burn it in playable DVD format that way, you'll just have some files on a DVD
    _

thought it gave you some options, must just be burn speed

Got a cracked copy of DVD Copy, it works great so far.
    _

+ Reply to Thread