+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft F's it up again!

Microsoft F's it up again!

Not sure how many 360 players we have here, but Microsoft is back with their latest debacle. It's called the "New Xbox Experience". Not only is it a cartoony joke with Mii-like avatars, it's causing systems all around the world to crash. Ever since I installed the update, I can play a game for 5 minutes at best and the screen freezes. I've been looking around at other message boards and this is happening to just about everyone. Microsoft's response to the issue, "Send us your system and we'll fix it for $100." Absolutely freaking ridiculous. Systems are crashing around the world because an update you force people to download, and you want us to pay you more?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

New Xbox Experience's otherwise smooth debut beset by navigation lockups, erratic Netflix, obscured themes; more video content going offline Dec. 1.

[UPDATE] Shortly after this article was first posted, reports of widespread freezes while navigating the NXE dashboard began to trickle in. The trickle soon became a flood, and a un-scientific survey found that every single GameSpot editor who applied the NXE Update encountered multiple freezing issues with the new dashboard. These seemed to come most often when entering and exiting the avatar editing mode, with three GS editors being forced to reboot three times in under an hour. Requests for an explanation sent to Microsoft were unanswered as of press time.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...?newsid=163204

It's been working fine for me, never had a problem with the update. But the shitty Mii knockoffs suck, hard. Once I get over that I think it's a pretty decent update. I've already been watching movies on Netflix and it's pretty badass. I also put a couple games on my hard drive, making the game a little smoother and the room a little quieter.

Blog Entries
    I just downloaded the update yesterday, and it didn't crash anything for me...

When I was creating my avatar for the new interface I was surprised at how easy it was.
    Then it hit me, its easy because I look like a cartoon character.

Fallout 3 has been freezing since the update.
    Hype?

Blog Entries
    Ok, now this weekend (I updated it on Friday), I just started to have some issues. I've been playing Oblivion, and it's freezing everytime I go into Shivering Isles. Maybe it's my cache, but regardless, it wasn't doing that before...ever.

Blog Entries
    ^^nvm, i figured it out, since Shiv Isles was a plug-in, I just deleted it from my harddrive and re-downloaded it...

solves the problem, apparently if you purchased or DL'ed any add-on's during the old XBOX live theme, they'll crash if you don't re-install under the new update

Gave my 360 to my boy who fixed it up last time. I don't think a case of beer is going to get it done. He's had it for about 2 weeks now and strugg-a-ling. I can't send it to Microsoft because he's "modded" it a little bit, and I don't want to spend 200+ bucks for a new one. Can't play Rock Band, can't play Fable II or Gears II. I'm pretty much SOL. Thanks a lot Microsoft for forcing me to download some shit and running my system into the ground!

Anybody have any ideas?

mine just started fucking up tonight, dont know if it is related to what you are talking about

Remember when a great thing about consoles is that they never really fucked up? I mean sometimes you had to blow into the original NES, or the laser on the original PS had to be recalibrated on the earliest models, but in general, if you got one that worked (and not many didn't) they worked till the microchips crumbled or you busted your 30th controller when your buddy stomped you in Tecmo once too often.

Making consoles like computers is only partially good.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread