+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel a Lion in 2009?

Blog Entries
    ^I'm going to leave that one alone, out of respect for Fool.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    The only above average Offensive lineman we have is Dominic Raiola, who is regarded as one of the 'better' centers in the league along with guys like Mawae, Kreutz, Birk, etc.

That said, I don't care if we have one of the higest paid O-Lines in the league, I'd rather see our front office waste money in the trenches rather than skill players. There were several UFA O-Linemen last year who signed modest deals and are productive players (Justin Smiley, Jeremy Trueblood, Jeff Faine) and Millen never showed even a bit of interest in any of them, instead working out RB's and Al Wilson.

Besides, Backus' salary isn't what's keeping us down. It's the contracts of guys like Mike Williams, Cory Redding, Kalimba Edwards and Roy Williams that we're haunting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    The only above average Offensive lineman we have is Dominic Raiola, who is regarded as one of the 'better' centers in the league along with guys like Mawae, Kreutz, Birk, etc.

That said, I don't care if we have one of the higest paid O-Lines in the league, I'd rather see our front office waste money in the trenches rather than skill players. There were several UFA O-Linemen last year who signed modest deals and are productive players (Justin Smiley, Jeremy Trueblood, Jeff Faine) and Millen never showed even a bit of interest in any of them, instead working out RB's and Al Wilson.

Besides, Backus' salary isn't what's keeping us down. It's the contracts of guys like Mike Williams, Cory Redding, Kalimba Edwards and Roy Williams that we're haunting us.
    Apropos speaking of the Lions whilst sporting a Clint Malarchuk av.

I just threw up my breakfast, thank you very much.

I suppose, then, a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I doubt that. He'd make the average of the top 5 at his position (i think). Either way, it's a boatload of money he'd make. Nobody would trade for him making that kind of money. NE would be saddled with his money for at least a year and have to make other cuts.

He'll walk. my guess is to the 49ers. He's accurate with the short quick throws that Martz likes.

I could see McNabb in Minny.
    Correct. I heard somewhere on ESPN that NE is not going to franchise him because it will cost too much money. Also stated that Cassel barely beat out Gutierrez for the #2 spot.

I think we have to get a GM and new HC in place before we speculate about who to bring in for free agent QBs. Ugh, the thought of the Lions makes me ill. Starting over every 3 years is a fucking disgrace.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I think a great option would be McNabb. Philly isn't going to resign him IMO, they'll go to Kolb and hope to do what GB did with Rogers.

McNabb would instantly make this team better and probably wouldn't cost as much as Cassel either. He's still a top 10 QB. he can also buy time in the pocket behind a shitty OL (that should get better in the draft).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He'd be like a better version of Culpepper. Like Culpepper in shape with knowledge of the playbook.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    He'd be like a better version of Culpepper. Like Culpepper in shape with knowledge of the playbook.
    A lot better IMO.

Culpepper after injury:
    16 games, 11 TDs, 11 INTs, 85 rush yards

McNabb during same time period (with hernia, thumb and ACL injuries):
    36 games, 58 TDs, 24 INTs, 583 rush yards

The difference is pretty dramatic. McNabb is much more accurate, and can still run when needed to. And McNabb hasn't exactly had great WR's in that time frame either. Westbrook was hurt all the time, Owens was gone too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I'd expect that post from Ledezma, but not you, Zekyl.
    kidding
    Find a new slant.

Lets face it, whoever the Lions start at quarterback next year is going to fail.

That's why I think Dan O should just be given the spot. Draft OL and DL, let the team get better from the trenches. Once that is set, bring in a QB who can be developed and won't be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread