+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Taking accountability and the punishment for your own mistakes.

That's capitalism in it's purest form.

Those who fail, are meant to fail.
    Unless you're in the finance industry.

New rule: Anyone who takes a principled stand against the auto industry bridge loans should be strapped down clockwork orange style and force-fed the whole sordid story on what has happened with AIG. Thus informed, citizens will then be issued torches, pitchforks and directions to washington. The auto thing is just a sideshow pitting one faction of the middle class against another over pennies while the financial bailouts are looting this country like it was a fucking banana republic. Don't fall for the oke doke.
    Last edited by geerussell; 12-13-2008 at 12:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    ^Super
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Unless you're in the finance industry.

New rule: Anyone who takes a principled stand against the auto industry bridge loans should be strapped down clockwork orange style and force-fed the whole sordid story on what has happened with AIG. Thus informed, citizens will then be issued torches, pitchforks and directions to washington. The auto thing is just a sideshow pitting one faction of the middle class against another over pennies while the financial bailouts are looting this country like it was a fucking banana republic. Don't fall for the oke doke.
    I'm pretty fucking tired right now, but are you saying cuz we fucked up with AIG we should fuck up again with the auto industry?

BMW, Toyota, and another foreign auto maker here in the US using US labor can make a profit. It kind of points to some fuck ups in Detroit if you ask me.

iirc, Toyota sold about the same amount of units as Chevy...Toyota made a profit while Chevy loses billions.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Toyota's projecting a billion dollar loss:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p....P4&refer=asia

Hybrid sales decline radically with the gas price:

http://www.wwj.com/Hybrid-Sales-Plun...verall/3471723

Blog Entries
    Why did Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (aka the guy who said we lost the war in Iraq) vote against the auto-bailout?

Shouldn't he be criticized even moreso than say, Richard Shelby, who is a Republican?

It's a moot point now, but the grilling of Richard Shelby through a poorly written Rochelle Riley article on freep.com seems pointless if you ask me.

Why aren't we pissed at all these enviornmental wackos like Henry Waxman? Guys like him hate industrial manufacturing period. Seems they have a greater influence than somebody like Shelby who is part of the minority party in the Senate...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Why did Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (aka the guy who said we lost the war in Iraq) vote against the auto-bailout?
    It's a Senate procedural matter:

http://rules.senate.gov/senaterules/rule13.php

He voted against it so he can reserve the right to bring it up for a re-vote Only someone who voted "no" can bring it back up, and the Senate Majority Leader is who historically exercises that option. This doesn't mean anything with regard to Reid's actual support for the measure.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2100433/&imw=Y
    DETROIT -- How bad are things around the Motor City? So bad that even Jon Jon's Cabaret is offering half-off deals.

The topless club in the suburb of Warren -- where General Motors and Chrysler entertained upwards of 20,000 people -- cut the cost of a table dance in half, from $20 to $10, in mid-November. The dancer gets all the money plus any tips, while food and drinks generate the club's income, general manager Kelly Sander said Tuesday.

Where do girls from Warren get off (pardon the pun) charging ANYTHING for a lap dance?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm pretty fucking tired right now, but are you saying cuz we fucked up with AIG we should fuck up again with the auto industry?
    What I'm saying is that there's a lot of venom and popular anger stirred up over the auto bailout. To paraphrase pulp fiction, if you are gonna blow over the auto bailout, you should be a mushroom cloud layin' motherfucka over the the finance bailouts that are orders of magnitude larger in scale without even a fraction of the concessions and oversight being proposed for the auto industry.

BMW, Toyota, and another foreign auto maker here in the US using US labor can make a profit. It kind of points to some fuck ups in Detroit if you ask me.

iirc, Toyota sold about the same amount of units as Chevy...Toyota made a profit while Chevy loses billions.
    It's a simple choice, really. Euthanasia for the auto industry as punishment for past transgressions... or roll the dice with loans and their attendant strings and oversight to save a few million jobs. I don't know about you but I like the risk of the loans a helluva lot better than the risk of delivering another hammerblow to the economy with the shape it's in.

+ Reply to Thread