+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Polamalu

Leave Nothing

So you guys remember when Nike did that badass "Leave Nothing" commercial they did last year? I was watching the games this weekend and saw their new one and creamed myself.

Don't even try to say you didn't as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBWVx...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Yea, I didn't see it.
    sawitandmywifelikedittoo
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Yeah I saw that, pretty badass.

Blog Entries
    As a big Polamalu fan, my nipples got hard when I saw that this weekend.
    Find a new slant.

I'm not even a Steelers fan and I have a man crush on Polamalu.

MoTown is right.

That commercial is absolutely, chill-inspiring amazing. It'll probably be off in a year though as some parent sues Nike for their kids jumping on the coffee table.

Blog Entries
    Polamalu says NFL's fines for hits more about money, not player safety

ESPN.com news services
    Updated: October 16, 2008, 11:06 AM ET

Troy Polamalu is usally soft-spoken off the field, hard-hitting on it. The recent rash of fines leveled at his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates have caused him to take a shot at the NFL, however.

The Steelers safety suggested Wednesday that the NFL is leveling fines for hits more for its own interest than that of the players.

"I think regarding the evolution of football, it's becoming more and more flag football, two-hand touch," Polamalu said. "We've really lost the essence of what real American football is about. I think it's probably all about money. They're not really concerned about safety."

The Steelers have asked the NFL to clarify why Hines Ward, one of the league's best-blocking wide receivers, was fined $15,000 the past two games for unnecessary roughness despite not being penalized.

Ward was fined $10,000 following the Steelers' 26-21 win at Jacksonville on Oct. 5, a week after drawing a $5,000 fine for a play in which he stepped over Baltimore cornerback Corey Ivy on Sept. 29. Ward did not draw a penalty on either play.

Also following the Jacksonville game, Steelers linebacker James Harrison was fined $20,000 for criticizing referee Brian Winter for calling a roughing-the-passer penalty against him. Two other Steelers also drew fines for that game, safety Ryan Clark $7,500 for unnecessary roughness -- a late hit -- and wide receiver Nate Washington $7,500 for taunting. Among the four players, the one-game fines totaled $45,000.

"It's starting to cost too much money to come to work for these guys," coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Tomlin said he planned to call the NFL office about the Ward fines, and team chairman Dan Rooney wrote a letter questioning why Ward was fined.

"We want to be a team and he [Ward] wants to be a player who plays the game the way it's supposed to be played, the way our league wants it to be played," Tomlin said. "We respect that. But we need a little clarity in that situation."

Polamalu said that football's essence is being taken away with the NFL's heavy-handed penalties, saying football "just loses so much of its essence when it becomes like a pansy game."

Polamalu said that past NFL greats wouldn't be able to play the way that made them great in today's game.

"When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people," Polamalu told reporters. "Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous."
    Find a new slant.

Another reason I have a man-crush on Polamolu.

MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I agree with his sentiments on softening the game, but come on now, does he really think the $500,000 or so a year (I made that number up, but it sounds about right...) they collect is even a drop in the bucket to the league? Doesn't the money all go to charity anyways?
    Last edited by Vinny; 10-16-2008 at 04:58 PM.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    You shush.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread