+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Simmons Sucks Donkey Balls

Boot Jesus from this thread. Immediately.

No, I'm kidding. Good for him for sharing his opinion, even though virtually everyone else disagrees with him on this one.

I don't think it's a matter of homerism. I think it's just a matter of Simmons being blatantly wrong.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771

I don't think it's a matter of homerism.
    I think it is. Anybody who's read his stuff knows there's boston bias always in the midst. Whether he's wrong or not its based on his homerism for our rival.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I don't agree completely w/ BS, but I don't disagree either.

I also know that you can't get heated over a BS column. You know what you're getting into when you read it.

How is the guy funny?

All his articles sound the same. He'll make references to movies and exaggerate about this and that. The guy is as lame as it gets.

LOL, "The Sports Guy?" He's probably pleasuring himself to pictures of Glen Davis.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    How many six-time NBA All Stars shouldn't be in the HOF?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I'm with Jesus and have been meaning to post this for a while.

If Simmons were trying to be John Hollinger or David Aldridge or something, I could see the complaints, but he's not. He's the first to admit that he's a Boston homer and that he's going to play the part to it's fullest. He calls himself "the sports guy" because he's not supposed to be a "columnist" or a "journalist" so much as the voice of the everyday fan. He writes from the heart and doesn't really try to claim to be any kind of hard-core, unbiased journalist.

And you know what? If you're going to play that role, and write that kind of column and you grew up a Boston fan in the late 80s, you're damn well straight you hate the Pistons. I don't like it as a Pistons fan, but I get the same shit from all my Chicago friends every day, and I wouldn't respect them if they didn't give it.

And he gives Boston shit when they deserve it. He called out the celtics for years when they sucked and didn't hesitate to call Doc Rivers garbage and still does.

If he were from Detroit and wrote all the same columns from that perspective, we'd all be sucking him off left and right as the greatest thing ever to happen to ESPN.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Of course, by the same token, this being a Detroit fan site, it's just as logical for us to bring his article up here and argue it. Is it something to get worked up over? No. But I also think it be silly of us to NOT bring up and discuss anti-Detroit arguments posed by a major columnist. It doesn't mean he sucks Donkey Balls, but it also doesn't mean we shouldn't have some fun taking apart his arguments.

I can understand people having their feathers ruffled over the negative statements made by Mr. Simmons, but I think he's swell and a barrel of laughs when it comes to mixing pop culture and sports.
    STEW BEEF!

I think I liked him a bit more before (I don't know why), but I still read everything he puts out. And he has written some nice stuff at times about Detroit; his column about the Pistons after they won in 2004 and what he says about the Tigers in 2006 in one of his famous baseball rankings are great reads for Detroit fans.

I also think he's harsh on Joe D because he honestly believes that 98% of all GMs in the NBA are morons and that he could actually do a better job at it. For him Joe D is the one eyed king in a world of the blind. I don't agree with that; I think constant success at the many facets of Dumars' job (consistently winning, salary cap issues, getting fans to come to games, setting up an organization that will attract both top athletic and top managerial talent, etc.) shows that he is extremely good at what he does. But, again, I understand why Simmons writes what he does and the Pistons definitely made it easier for him to back up his ideas with their playoff exits the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    Of course, by the same token, this being a Detroit fan site, it's just as logical for us to bring his article up here and argue it. Is it something to get worked up over? No. But I also think it be silly of us to NOT bring up and discuss anti-Detroit arguments posed by a major columnist. It doesn't mean he sucks Donkey Balls, but it also doesn't mean we shouldn't have some fun taking apart his arguments.

To argue is one thing, to become upset is another. The points are easily dismissed, do it and move on. Don't act like Yankee Fan Radio Call In Guy.

+ Reply to Thread