+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Simmons Sucks Donkey Balls

regarding the anti joe HoF bid. Isn't winning a finals MVP the single biggest accomplishment a player could pull off besides the championship itself (which he has 2)? scoring champion, league MVP.... all mean nothing if you don't win the whole thing.
    It's like marvel drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.

A lot of players never had a chance at a finals MVP. Every player has a chance at an MVP.

To compare the two is absurd. The regular season MVP holds much more weight in terms of individual success, and a certain amount of team success is required also.

Chauncey will never get near the hall of fame, finals MVP or not. Tony Parker will likely never get there either, although he'll have better credentials.

Blog Entries
    If Dumars doesn't belong in the HOF, than I don't think it'd be possible to make an argument that Dominique Wilkins belongs in the HOF.

The fact that Simmons thinks one of those two belongs, while the other doesn't, is a joke.

'Nique has no rings, no MVP's (Finals or Regular Season), he never even got past the Eastern Conference Semi's in the playoffs, was a lousy defender, and a mediocre rebounder & shooter.

No disrespect to Dominique, but he was pretty much a one-trick pony, and even though he did that 'trick' better than anybody else, that's hardly enough to be 'Hall-worthy' if you ask me (assuming we're playing by Simmon's standards here).

Blog Entries
    Grant Bell rolls hard.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Grant Bell rolls hard.

I have reviewed his history, and can say he does in fact roll hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    I have reviewed his history, and can say he does in fact roll hard.
    I disagree.

About Simmons...he's the most entertaining sportswriter of my lifetime. I can say that I legitimately love to read everything he puts out. I can't believe people are genuinely pissed about the article.

Bill Simmons basketball knowledge= nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by GrantBell
    Bill Simmons basketball knowledge= nonexistent

lol. Put your homerism aside please.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    lol. Put your homerism aside please.
    simmons=entertaining boston homer. and i dont hate him, but even before he turned into a pistons hater for the sake of renewed rivalry, he has always been a bean town homer. but he can be entertaining if you dont think to take him as a serious non-fiction writer.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread