+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Simmons Sucks Donkey Balls

Heres a really good article on the officiating

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...8&sportCat=nba

its so frustrating reading about it, knowing that nothing will happen.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Yup, back when the Pistons were in Fort Wayne, they were still playing defense to win games until the league changed the rules.

I hate to say this, but I couldn't agree more with the point of his article. The officiating is absurd, terrible, ugly, etc. Let them bang bodies, let them foul hard to make a point. Did he get back up? Then its just another foul.
    _

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bill Simmons"

Q. How long do you think I can keep milking this "Mr. Big Shot" gimmick without anyone pointing out my nasty habit of disappearing in deciding games?
    -- C. Billups, Denver

[+] EnlargeChauncey Billups
    Noah Graham/NBAE/Getty ImagesChauncey's totals against L.A.: 39.7 percent from the field, just 22 points total the final two games.

SG: Chauncey! You're alive! I thought you had died after Game 4 of the Lakers series; what a relief! Anyway, I give you credit for bringing this up. You no-showed in Games 5 and 6 of the 2003 Eastern finals (playing injured, but still); the entire 2004 Eastern finals (Detroit still won); Game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals; Games 5 and 6 of the 2006 Miami series; and Game 6 of the 2007 Cavs series. You inexplicably disappeared for the first four games of the 2008 Boston series. And I mistakenly thought you had passed away after Game 4 of the 2009 Lakers series. That's an inordinate amount of no-shows, no? I vote that we change your nickname back to "Chauncey."

Q: Wait a second, if you thought Billups had disappeared during the L.A. series, does that mean I'm off the hook for dumping his salary for Iverson?
    -- J. Dumars, Detroit

SG: Absolutely not. Billups had/has real basketball value as a veteran point guard and leader, plus an extremely fair contract: $36.3 million through 2011, then partially guaranteed in 2012. If Ray Allen was worth Delonte West and the No. 5 pick two years ago, how could anyone say Billups was worth a fading Iverson's expiring deal and that's it? You're telling me Portland, Houston, Atlanta, Cleveland or Miami couldn't have topped that offer? Don't play the "Chauncey wanted to go home to Denver" card; that's insulting to your fans. And don't play the "We needed to give Rodney Stuckey the car keys" card, because Rodney Stuckey ain't that good. Bad trade. There were smarter ways to clear money for the summers of 2009 and 2010. And if you're so desperate to clear cap space, why extend Rip Hamilton's deal? So confusing. I remain confused.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

It's a pretty funny article. Though he's unfortunately dead on with both accounts.

I should have put Bill Simmons on my list of "5 Peope I'd Like to Punch in the Face" on Facebook.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus771
    I should have put Bill Simmons on my list of "5 Peope I'd Like to Punch in the Face" on Facebook.
    haha

that article by BS is the most accurate piece of writing i've seen from him. or anyone, in a LONG time. i read that all the way through and agreed with it all 100%.

sadly i don't think the nba will change anytime soon. it is more about putting together an entertainment package and calling it basketball, instead of allowing the greatest athletes in the world to PLAY BASKETBALL and let the story tell itself.

that would be the greatest entertainment there is. but instead stern and his people have changed the league and the game as we know it. and they're detroying the game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    sadly i don't think the nba will change anytime soon. it is more about putting together an entertainment package and calling it basketball, instead of allowing the greatest athletes in the world to PLAY BASKETBALL and let the story tell itself.
    Kind of like Vince McMahon finally telling the world that professional wrestling is "fixed" and then proceeding to still conjure up bullshit storylines to have the "fixed" fight.

Everyone is in on the joke that is pro wrestling.

Why isn't everyone on board with the fact that the NBA is fixed, too?

Sure, the outcome of the game isn't "fixed" (although some could debate that), but we all know that in certain situations certain individuals are gonna get taken care of.

Maybe the NBA should just come out and be honest? Tell everyone the deal and move on? It hasn't hurt pro wrestling much. WWE Raw still draws millions of viewers every Monday Night and it is the worst fucking wrestling show on TV.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Must admit I just the ref colum by BS.

Great article. I'm actually surprised he wrote it.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    If the WWF (it'll always be the WWF to me) is fixed, then the NBA is neutered.

+ Reply to Thread