+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 93
FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ BO thread...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    nbc;dr

It wasn't the locals in most cases. The WH inadvertently added a zero behind a 5 a bunch of times.

Its all BULLSHIT! Complete and utter shit that the WH is feeding us on counting these jobs.

Mxy, I'm seriously surprised that you feel the WH is accurate. This is horseshit accounting.
    Hmmm... that's not what it said in the article you pointed at. It seemed specific to cities in Wisconsin, and not state-reported #s..

I haven't really paid attention because I tend to think general notions of "jobs created with guv'mint money spent" are bullshit, before anyone starts tacking on zeroes to the end or whatever with particular figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Hmmm... that's not what it said in the article you pointed at. It seemed specific to cities in Wisconsin, and not state-reported #s..

I haven't really paid attention because I tend to think general notions of "jobs created with guv'mint money spent" are bullshit, before anyone starts tacking on zeroes to the end or whatever with particular figures.
    It took a while, but you are finally coming around.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I've always felt that way.

I don't see accounting errors as a big deal when you're trying to account for something that's often hard to account for in terms of particular jobs saved or created. If a company goes bankrupt as part of being acquired, like Chrysler, and hires less people at Fiat-Chrysler, are those people kept by the Fiat-Chrysler considered jobs created? Are all the people who were laid off by the old Chrysler considered jobs lost, or only the folks who weren't hired by Fiat-Chrysler? What about underemployment? If we're paying the same aggregate amount in compensation, but spread over more people making less and potentially working less -- is that job creation?

That's why I like median income and other metrics over context-free deltas.

Government numbers aren't total bullshit but they do need to be taken with a salt truck. Employment and job creation in particular is figured using a different model than in the past which consistently shaves 4-5% off the unemployment rate. Something to bear in mind when comparing how screwed we are today to crises past.

Obama bows, the nation cringes...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...home_headlines

Would you rather do this in the Blue Room:

Or this:

I rest my case: Democrats win hands down.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Zip needs to post more often.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Obama's WH security is a joke. 2 peeps crash the party and...I don't know...maybe they're all too stoned to check IDs these days.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread