Page 51 of 93
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ BO thread...

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Just for you Tahoe:

dr;ts
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Not BO. Remember, BO's only doing broad strokes, leaving the messy details to Congress. That belongs in the LOL@some Dems category, and I think I already posted about their tendency to cave like it matters to Republicans. They know that any bill passing sucks for their political future, and there's not a damn thing Democrats could give them that would change that.

Also, you're assuming that a particular Senate bill is going to match other Senate bills and the House bill(s). The reality is going to be that this gets jammed down during budget reconciliation, bypassing Senate cloture rules. This twist was amusing, but for the most part, I am not paying attention to all the twists and turns... it's trading baskets until the 4th quarter.

From what I read and heard, that change came from the WH directly. Hopefully I'll post a link to it...hopefully. BO got caught in a lie and he fixed it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Looks like Mr T is going to get the T handed to him by the Repubs demanding info on his Czars.

Another broken campaign pledge.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Looks like Mr T is going to get the T handed to him by the Repubs demanding info on his Czars.

Another broken campaign pledge.
    Awesome. It's a good thing that the election results have put the Repubs firmly in the majority so they can set the agenda of Congress and demand things.

BO is such a wuss that the ACLU likes him!

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/general...s20090915.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Awesome. It's a good thing that the election results have put the Repubs firmly in the majority so they can set the agenda of Congress and demand things.
    Awesome. If Bush did this, you'd self implode.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Mxy, Rep Phil Roe took Mr T up his offer to go through the health care bill line by line to see whats in it. He sent him a letter, a fax and its crickets from the WH.

Comments?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Mxy, Rep Phil Roe took Mr T up his offer to go through the health care bill line by line to see whats in it. He sent him a letter, a fax and its crickets from the WH.

Comments?
    The specific item Phil Roe is responding to is:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...orth-Carolina/
    So I just want everybody to know, Congress will have time to read the bill. They will have time to debate the bill. They will have all of August to review the various legislative proposals. When we come back in September, I will be available to answer any question that members of Congress have. If they want to come over to the White House and go over line by line what's going on, I will be happy to do that. (Applause.)
    As I read it, it's not "Mr T" who'd review things line by line, so much as Dr. Roe, coming to him with the questions. Especially when it comes to fine tuning screwed-up aspects, I'd expect Team Obama to respond with "physician, heal thyself" -- submit reasonable line-by-line level amendments to fix the bill.

That being said, I'd love to see this happen. The sadly amusing part is -- would it really matter? Even if Republican Roe went line by line and eliminated/rewrote the mess to his satisfaction, he'd still vote against it because it'd be a victory for "Mr T". Given their history on the issue, there's no way to spin this as a victory for Republicans, so why bother?

+ Reply to Thread