+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 93
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ BO thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    BO could have written this thing up. He could have consulted, but he could have authored the ground work for the bill and brought the change that he campaigned on and was elected to do.

He could have won over a bunch of peeps if he brought change here. He didn't at all, imo. And now he seems to just be out politikan about it to the press instead of going in and telling the Dems to cut out the crap and tell the Repubs we need to do more than cut taxes.

He missed an opportunity here, imo.

Not to repeat MXY, but that in't how our govt. works. Sorry man, he worked with the licks to negotiate a few things. Not like the dem congress with it's numbers isn't going to look to flex it's muscles and money grab here. It's what congresses do, new black pres or not.

Your concern trolling is getting a grade of "poor".

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    BO could have written this thing up. He could have consulted, but he could have authored the ground work for the bill and brought the change that he campaigned on and was elected to do.
    What makes you think he hasn't?

To be clear, in particular regard to the stimulus, this isn't really what Obama was selling throughout the campaign. He was talking ~$100 billion stimulus. As the magnitude of the economic collapse became apparent in October, the dollar numbers for the stimulus (along with other dismal numbers) skyrocketed. But, sorting out specifics and priorities couldn't happen until the end-of-last-year numbers were sorted out, and even then it's a huge moving target. I doubt you could just take the old stimulus, multiply by 8-10x, and get something sensible. Of course, I'm sure that you can't just have everyone in Congress throw every wish list in a pot and get "sensible".

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Not to repeat MXY, but that in't how our govt. works. Sorry man, he worked with the licks to negotiate a few things. Not like the dem congress with it's numbers isn't going to look to flex it's muscles and money grab here. It's what congresses do, new black pres or not.

Your concern trolling is getting a grade of "poor".
    Say what you want about me...not sure why we can't stay on topic...

but its biz as usual in DC. BO...epic fail so far.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    What makes you think he hasn't?

To be clear, in particular regard to the stimulus, this isn't really what Obama was selling throughout the campaign. He was talking ~$100 billion stimulus. As the magnitude of the economic collapse became apparent in October, the dollar numbers for the stimulus (along with other dismal numbers) skyrocketed. But, sorting out specifics and priorities couldn't happen until the end-of-last-year numbers were sorted out, and even then it's a huge moving target. I doubt you could just take the old stimulus, multiply by 8-10x, and get something sensible. Of course, I'm sure that you can't just have everyone in Congress throw every wish list in a pot and get "sensible".
    Last sentence...and thats what this is. Eveyone's pork, pet projects, etc thown into a pot and throw out some bullshit rationale ..."well it will help create jobs"

Biz as usual. I expected better from him.
    Players meeting my ASS!

BO could have written this thing up. He could have consulted, but he could have authored the ground work for the bill
    I've read this 5 times and I can't even understand what you are trying to say here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

He could have written the bill. He could have consulted both Dems and Reps while laying the groundwork for what the bill should look like, contain, limits, etc.

Its biz as usual and the thieves will get another trillion of our money for our kids to pay off.
    Players meeting my ASS!

He could have consulted both Dems and Reps while laying the groundwork for what the bill should look like, contain, limits, etc.

That's the perfect way to describe what he is doing/did. So no realizing this, you give him 10/10?

No actually its not according to everything I've read. He actually called Pelosi and asked that she write the bill...which is the way Gov't worked, but I thought he was supposed to change the way Gov't worked.

The bill will get passed, it will cost a boat load, it will prolly not do much but cept to have our kids pay for it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

No actually its not according to everything I've read. He actually called Pelosi and asked that she write the bill...which is the way Gov't worked, but I thought he was supposed to change the way Gov't worked.
    I cut out the part about him writing it, cause that was a bad troll. Let's work with the rest.

I don't know why he hasn't appointed a couple more supreme court justices yet. Or appointed a platypus secretary of the interior.

Man you guys have thin skin. Someone doesn't like a trillion dollar spending bill and you circle the wagons and go on the attack.

But its still biz as usual in DC. Epic fail on BO's part.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread