+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 93
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ BO thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    And you could do this on both sides.
    That's the key (We've all seen it done that way, including Canadians going after Americans), and it's always funny.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    That post shouldn't even have gone in this thread. It's interesting to me how those peeps didn't know who Pelosi is, Reid, who is control of congress, etc, but when it came to who has a pregnant teenage daughter they were all correct.

I think it tells us more of what sticks in a campaign.

The other was how anything the reporter asked that was negative, the peeps thought it was JM or Palin.

I don't know what portion of the electorate they represent, but I bet it larger than we'd like to think. And you could do this on both sides.

I'm wondering how many of you have already bought your Barrack Obama coin. Be honest...

Not me. The only pieces of Obama memorabilia I have are a sticker and a button, both freebies from links I posted here during the campaign.

Depending on what foreign countries I might travel to, it may make sense to buy some Obama gear. Speaking from personal experience, JFK swag will get you a lot of favorable attention in Ireland.

And if Obama's frequently a stupid sounding dumbass and someone make a calendar with all the dumbshit things he says, maybe I'll buy it for my dad like I did with Dubya.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I got the limit of 5, and I'm considering buying more under an alias or having friends buy them for me.

Blog Entries
    I got his lace undies.
    Find a new slant.

For saying things will change, no more partisan politics, etc, then letting the House Dems write the bill. WTF does he expect from letting Nanci write the bill? No more partisan bickering? Please!
    Players meeting my ASS!

For saying things will change, no more partisan politics, etc, then letting the House Dems write the bill. WTF does he expect from letting Nanci write the bill? No more partisan bickering? Please!
    To be fair, that's how it works.

Presidents don't write bills.

They do, however, direct how bills should be written -- sometimes in broad terms, sometimes in very specific ways. They have the power of the veto, selective enforcement, and other mechanisms (as Dubya has shown us) to "strongly encourage" what they perceive to be the right behavior to happen. If Congress doesn't want a veto or some other squeeze put on them, they create legislation that lines up with the President's vision.

In the case of appropriations bills, they originate from the House, never the Senate. So yeah, it's squarely in Nancy Pelosi's court. Unfortunately, she's again demonstrated a lack of political jiu-jitsu here, much as she did with the last big bailout bill. It's turned into a fucking free-for-all.

BO could have written this thing up. He could have consulted, but he could have authored the ground work for the bill and brought the change that he campaigned on and was elected to do.

He could have won over a bunch of peeps if he brought change here. He didn't at all, imo. And now he seems to just be out politikan about it to the press instead of going in and telling the Dems to cut out the crap and tell the Repubs we need to do more than cut taxes.

He missed an opportunity here, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread