Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
Mxy, Rep Phil Roe took Mr T up his offer to go through the health care bill line by line to see whats in it. He sent him a letter, a fax and its crickets from the WH.

Comments?
The specific item Phil Roe is responding to is:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...orth-Carolina/
So I just want everybody to know, Congress will have time to read the bill. They will have time to debate the bill. They will have all of August to review the various legislative proposals. When we come back in September, I will be available to answer any question that members of Congress have. If they want to come over to the White House and go over line by line what's going on, I will be happy to do that. (Applause.)
As I read it, it's not "Mr T" who'd review things line by line, so much as Dr. Roe, coming to him with the questions. Especially when it comes to fine tuning screwed-up aspects, I'd expect Team Obama to respond with "physician, heal thyself" -- submit reasonable line-by-line level amendments to fix the bill.

That being said, I'd love to see this happen. The sadly amusing part is -- would it really matter? Even if Republican Roe went line by line and eliminated/rewrote the mess to his satisfaction, he'd still vote against it because it'd be a victory for "Mr T". Given their history on the issue, there's no way to spin this as a victory for Republicans, so why bother?