+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 93
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL@ BO thread...

LOL@ BO thread...

Well his first news conference and he insults the wife of a deceased Prez. First news con and he finds a cow pie to step in.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I think his off the cuff humor attempts will be a regular source of gaffes and laughs (at him). He tends to get his wires crossed there.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I agree with you both, above. FWIW, the particulars of the gaffe here, the specifics of the wires being crosssed, are fairly interesting. Fueled by an astrologer, Nancy Reagan had the White House schedule aligned with the stars. Reagan's Chief of Staff, Donald Regan, referred to the resulting scheduling insanity as a "long-established floating seance" in his memoirs.

Actually I think he really got his wires crossed as it was Hillary that pulled from Elanor Rosevelt's power or something by some crazy stuff. I remembe the Nancy thing, but he just got it wrong, imo.

Anyway, its a joke that I would prolly use on the golf course, and I'm sure in liberal circles it is used, but it was just NOT the time to be using it here. The Tube said that he called an appologized. Not sure if thats true.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    That particular line was circulating in the news years beefore, when Regan's biography came out and everyone wanted to hear about how batty it was to deal with Nancy. I remembered it (but I have a sticky memory for useless trivia). There were others who had actual seances, notably Lincoln's wife.

What was the gaffe?
    STEW BEEF!

THE HORROR! I heard that press briefing (and it was brief) and never would have seen it as particularly insulting.
    STEW BEEF!

In retrospect, BO did.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread