+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UM at MINN

UM at MINN

This might be the first time in my life when I'll have the opportunity to watch the game and choose not to. If Threet were playing, or if I knew for sure I would see Feagin playing, I would watch. But with the belief that it's going to be 90% Nick Sheridan, I feel like watching the game would be like punching myself in the nuts.

I really hope Threet can go against Northwestern next week. Sadly last week was probably our last chance to win a game, and while we scored, the defense couldn't get it done. Now, we'll be unable to score with Sheridan and the same defense will likely mean a blowout loss. I personally don't think this makes me a fair-weather fan, because even during 2-8 I'm still a fan, but I can't watch this massacre.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Michigan still has a football team?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Apparently.

Truth be known, I will be watching this game - first half at least. I actually got started on finishing the leaves in my back yard so I would be done in time. Pathetic.

Hey, hey, hey......UM up 16-0. Sheridan looking..........well..........better than Sheridan. The D doing great. Will it hold?

Quite simply Sheridan is hitting WR's that are open. We've had open WR's, TE's, RB's and FB's all year downfield and just refused to throw it well. While Sheridan certainly isn't setting the world on fire he has completed a few passes that has kept drives alive and the running game (with Feagin) is looking above average today.

Blog Entries
    Feagin- 7 carries, 50 yds

With as stubborn as Rich Rod is about his scheme, I'm shocked he waited until now to give Feagin a try. Redshirting him is useless, it's not like he was going to play once Forcier/Shav get here...

Oh well...we'd still be 3-7 anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Feagin- 7 carries, 50 yds

With as stubborn as Rich Rod is about his scheme, I'm shocked he waited until now to give Feagin a try. Redshirting him is useless, it's not like he was going to play once Forcier/Shav get here...

Oh well...we'd still be 3-7 anyway...
    Don't overstate what Feagin did. 35 yards was on one play. Otherwise he went for 2.5 yards per carry, which ANYONE could do. Considering he never attempted to throw the ball, if he had been used in that capacity the entire season, teams would have caught on sooner and he would be worthless, much like Minor taking the direct snap and getting nothing. It only works if, like Darren McFadden last year, that player throws on occasion over the top of the LB that sneaks up. You have to throw from time to time and keep the defense honest or it's a worthless play.

I was just extremely surprised by Sheridan. Nothing earlier in the year suggested that he was capable of that performance, especially against a Minnesota team that had forced the most turnovers among D1 teams. I expected 4 Sheridan INT's, but was pleasantly surprised. I still think it's our final victory of the season, though. Doubtful we beat an angry NW team, especially since many of our players will come in arrogant for the last home game of the season. Then we'll be heavily humbled in the Horseshoe.

+ Reply to Thread