+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BO going forward...

Blog Entries
    I do wonder how long they will continue to let Lieberman caucus with them and then run back over to the Republicans and tell them everything that was discussed.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    One bad thing for Obama is if he struggles getting his plans off the ground within the first 100 days or so, he doesn't have a scapegoat to pin some blame on. There are absolutely no Republicans that can prevent him from doing things his way, so his margin of error is small.

Can't blame Bush. Can't blame the Senate or Congress. Can't blame Greenspan, Condoleezza, Paulsen, Cheney, or Scalia. You can only blame yourself.

I will be fascinated to watch this playout.

How many Democrats are going to be saying "What!?!? I didn't vote for this..."

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    You want him dead, so i'm sure you're fascinated with any scenario involving failure.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I hardly think that he's thining about who to blame right now.

That regime is on the way out in January.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    This is great news, Gibbs is awesome and very funny/snarky.

I'll think he'll provide some excellent and entertaining press conferences and back and forth with the media.

Exclusive: Gibbs will be WH press secretary

Mike Allen – 2 hrs 1 min ago
    POLITICO.com

Robert Gibbs, a top aide to Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on his campaign and in his Senate office, will be named the White House press secretary, a top Democratic official said.

Gibbs was usually the senior official on Air Obama, the campaign plane. As communications director of Obama's Senate office, Gibbs was a key strategist in Obama's rapid move to the national stage.

Transition planning is still at an early stage and the job has not been formally offered or accepted, officials said.

The announcement is likely to be viewed favorably by reporters because Gibbs has unquestioned authority, access and institutional memory.

Gibbs — a 37-year-old native of Auburn, Ala. — became familiar to viewers during the campaign for his sunny steeliness during frequent appearances on morning shows and A-list cable news programs.

From his July promotion announcement: “Robert Gibbs, one of Senator Obama’s longest-serving and closest aides, has been elevated to Senior Strategist for Communications and Message, taking on a broader strategic portfolio for the Fall campaign while continuing to serve as senior communications aide travelling with Senator Obama.”

The "podium job" makes the White House press secretary instantly famous around the world as the face and voice of Washington.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Yeah, outside his bounds. Lieb's only chance was for the dems to hit 60 exactly, though Harry had always spoke glowingly of him and his votes besides foreign policy before the convention.
    It's still somewhat within Obama's bounds, until he and Biden help work out who their replacements in the Senate will be.

Lieberman was gambling on a Hillary win when he endorsed McCain, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    It's still somewhat within Obama's bounds, until he and Biden help work out who their replacements in the Senate will be.

Lieberman was gambling on a Hillary win when he endorsed McCain, I'm sure.
    kan u splain that a lil mor
    Players meeting my ASS!

Lieberman committed to McCain just before the Democratic primaries. I suspect he did so thinking that Hillary had the nomination in the bag. There's some bad blood between the two (part of why Lieberman was VP in 2000, in fact).

+ Reply to Thread