+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What Now?

VALTER SHARPE WITH THE SICK DUNK

i hate lebron. but come on- the guys is ridiculously talented (he's not the god he's made out to be and he's NOT michael jordan but that's anotehr story) and if he's in a PISTON uniform, he's a PISTON.

that being said, i don't see it happening.

in any case, we COULD be major players in FA both this offseason and next. if joe plays his cards right, we very well could pull off an even more 'major, MAJOR' player in FA or in a trade with the cap room we've created.

can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Aldridridge thinks Chris Bosh will be the big target for Joe... to replace Sheed... he thinks we may re-sign Sheed & A.I. for one year (at a reduced price) depending on how this turns out.

that would make perfect sense regardless of who we want to go after in FA. that keeps us contending and also allows us to re-sign them AGAIN if we want.

let's not forget- dumars has coveted iverson for at least 8 years. iverson was SO close to going to detroit in 2000 but matt geiger messed it up. so iverson has got to have a TON of respect for joe and vice versa. so i think we'll see a rejuvenated iverson and i think he'll be happy to finish his career in detroit, even if it means coming at a somewhat reduced cost. he wants to WIN.

but the real question now is, what number will iverson wear? stuckey's got his #3. will he date to take billups' #1 already? or try paying off stuckey for #3? hmmmm.....

I wouldn't put us as favorites, but we have a pretty good shot at James. NY will have a bigger market, but they'll be a shitty team still. NJ will suck too.

We'd be close enough so he can visit home whenever without the pressure of the home town fans.

Anyway, I think Bosh is realistic. What about Bosh AND Amare? We'd have to move Max for a backup swingman, but that should be easy.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I still maintain that I will no longer be a Pistons fan if LeBron James dons a Detroit uni.
    Yeah, I agree. LeBron is a horrible human being who sets a bad example for society with his dribbling, shooting and dunks.

.....a lot of people.........take sports..........just a liiiiiittle too serious.

I don't see LEbron coming to detroit no matter what. bosh or amare sounds good. I think joe will play aorund and try to make a bigger deal come the deadline

i say we trade for marbury. we can't make a serious playoff run without a bald-headed PG.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I wouldn't care for lebro unless we made him more like Grant hill/magic johnson as an all around player rather than a chucker.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread