View Poll Results: Your initial thoughts on the Pistons/Nuggets trade?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it for the Pistons

28 84.85%
  • I don't like it for the Pistons

5 15.15%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons trade Billups/McDyess/Samb for Allen Iverson

Blog Entries
    Anybody else think that Will Bynum's play just became more important?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Also, I wonder if we'll fill those two, new open roster spots.

Patrick Ewing Jr.?

Lindsey? (I doubt it)
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    No.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gusman
    u think the boston game will be the first game he plays in?
    the first HOME game he plays in...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

No. Afflalo might though (if Rip moves to SF, and Valter moves to the 4)

So basically Moodini, Atticus and I are the only ones who don't like this deal? I feel like you guys are talking yourself into liking it.

Iverson's game is very much isolation. He can beat almost anyone off the dribble. It opens up the lane for people to slash in and get some easy buckets. However, the only one that will benefit from that is Amir, as he will be getting the garbage points.

Sheed, love him or hate him, is a guy who likes to take his time in the post, making fadeaways or other post moves. Or he sits outside and chucks 3s. This will not benefit him.

Rip loves to come off screens and hit midrange shots. He is most effective on curls. Iverson will not help with his game.

Tay is also a guy who is best with his back to the basket. He will only benefit by getting more three point attempts.

And let me say this: I like Allen Iverson's game. I like him as a player. He's the quickest player in the NBA since Isiah. But I don't like him for this group of Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

We officially have the skinniest lineup in the history of the NBA.

Blog Entries
    I want to see our roster in April.

I bet we'll have added a couple bought-out veterans by then to stock up for the playoffs.

My gut reaction is to say this sucks (because of AI's attitude and no defense).

Then once I thought about it some more I like it. The problem with this team is we have no go to guy at all. We have 4 guys who all need some shots every night but nobody that we can feed the ball during offensive lulls. How many times have we gone 5-6 minutes without a basket? A lot. AI should solve that. I think his shot selection will be better here with better teammates too.

Despite him being older, he can create more things off the dribble than Billups can. He should be able to get Amir some easy dunks off dribble penetration as well. On the defense side, I think Billup's D is highly overrated. Yes, he can muscle up to bigger guards in the post, but he can't stop anybody on the perimeter either. At least AI will get a couple steals. I think defense is a wash.

Losing Dyess hurts, but we already had a log jam there, and as mentioned we might get him back anyway.

The cap space is huge IMO. Going into next year we had to resign Sheed (and completely hose the cap for years), or rebuild some how. This gives us the ability to rebuild FAST if there are FA's interested. If not, you resign the current guys for a couple years and try again later.

I think this deal sucks for Denver if Dyess leaves. Yeah, they get their hometown hero, but Billups cannot score like AI. JR Smith would move into the starting role and they'll become a bunch of chuckers (worse than before).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Joe is the only GM in the league who knows how to charm other GM's into taking on long-term contracts...

makes you wonder how Danny Ferry still has a job...

+ Reply to Thread