+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Granholm's future

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I can't see Cherry winning the Governor seat.

He's like a liberal Dick Posthumus.
    I agree with Wil Ledezma. Unless Granholm leaves for some Beltway gig, I have a hard time envisioning it happening for Cherry. He's not particularly engaging, otherwise he'd have run and won in 2002 instead of Granholm. The only reason he'd make it past a primary is "machine" support.

Of course, the Republicans could put an even-more-flawed candidate in front of him. Money's gonna be key. The folks who've wanted to piss away large sums of money into political races have been on the west side of the state, away from the automotives. It'd be interesting to see who Stryker backs.

Of course, given term limits, the notion of an official who's been elected to state-wide office for decades may have more novelty now than it did when Posthumus ran. There just aren't a lot of seasoned politicians left, at least among those who'd want the job.

Blog Entries
    I can't understand how ANYBODY would want to be Governor of Michigan or President of the US right now.

Life's too short.
    Find a new slant.

I for one would much rather create internet contests for prepaid phone cards.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Me too!

It's slightly less stressful.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009031...+governor+race

The Dems are going to need to find a better alternative than John D. Cherry. He reminds me of Dick Posthumus, who was probably as unexciting of a candidate as you could probably ever get.

One Dem I've always liked is Bart Stupak who is the Congressman from the UP.

It's interesting that they polled for Hoekstra things, but the article doesn't give the head-to-head for Cherry vs. Hoekstra.

I doubt Stupak would ever go for the job. His district is gerrymander-proof unless the Great Lakes dry up. Barring felonies, he's a Congressman for life.

Blog Entries
    I heard somebody mention once that Mitt Romney was considering running. Perhaps to keep his name relevant for a 2012 Presidential run.

He dominated the presidential primary here last winter and his dad was the governor of Michigan before, IIRC.

Fuck Mitt Romney. Another religious whacko. I'd vote for the first guy who has the balls to either say he is an atheist, or just believes in God to hedge his bets, but really doesn't buy the bullshit that goes with believing in God, like having to be good or not cheating on his wife. Cut through the bullshit and just admit what everyone else is thinking: Believing in God is like the proverbial "Cock in the glass case". You say it because it sounds good. Especially the part about "All ya gots to do is axe forgiveness, and it's all good!"
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I heard somebody mention once that Mitt Romney was considering running. Perhaps to keep his name relevant for a 2012 Presidential run.

He dominated the presidential primary here last winter and his dad was the governor of Michigan before, IIRC.
    Romney isn't running for governor here. His "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" editorial slammed the door shut on that.

+ Reply to Thread